Chapter 3: New Friend

Charles layed over the grass and looked at Kelvin. He took a deep breath and was about to continue the story. Kelvin asked, "So, How you met her? And who is she ?" Charles continued.

Charles use to go for a evening walk every evening at the park. He loved the environment there. He use to sat under a tree near the lake, where he use to admire the girl for whom he came to Cartmel. One day, suddenly he encounters the girl. She collapsed him unconsciously. Charles caught her when they collapsed and asked, " Are you alright lady ?" she trembling and was gaining her control, "I'm fine thank you, but sorry I was just-" Charles said, "You don't seem to be right may you come and sit, you will feel better" she agreed and sat under the tree where he use to sit.

After sometime she thanked him and said, "thanks for saving me from falling" Charles asked, "Why were you about to fall?" She told him about a homely quarrel for which she felt guilty and she was leaving for no where to go. Charles said, "Don't, never stay in the place where you feel you are not ready to face". After that they spend some time together and when she was about to leave. He said, "I'm Charles Donaldson, Oxford's Professor, Chemistry, I live there near that yellow house, I'm here only for this vacation" She smiled and said, " I'm Mileva Watson, nice to meet you, I'm the Liberian of Cartmel College" by saying she left.
Charles was shocked by her answer but he smiled and whispered, "Mileva Watson". After their first encounter they started meeting in the park in evening. Slowing enough they become quite good friends.

Time passed slowing, Charles use to meet her in every Summer vacation. After few years to meeting, in the 3rd year of their friendship, Charles decided to propose her. He told Miller about her. Miller cocked his eye and poked Charles saying, "You are really a cunning guy, duck, you use to meet her in All these years but you didn't told me, I am like your father only my boy, go..., in this vacation propose her, and don't forget to take the bunch of beautiful flowers" Charles smiled, he was leaving for Cartmel, he said, "you will never listen, How many times I have to tell you don't call me duck" Miller said, why should I listen to you, go now or you'll miss your train then don't blame me for that". Charles left for Cartmel.