Chapter 4: It's Fate

The summer evening was quite pleasant. Charles got himself well dressed. He took a bunch of beautiful lilies and a letter with a ring. He was ready to propose her. He waited for her under that tree where they use to spend there time together.

Mileva came but someone else was with her. Both of them reached Charles. Mileva hugged Charles and said, “How was your journey Charles?” then she noticed that Charles was dressed different. Charles replied, “My journey was fine, I want to tell you something” Mileva said, “Yes say” Charles was about to present the flowers before that the man with her said, “Wont you introduce me to him?” Mileva said, “oh yes” Charles stared. Mileva said, “My buddy, meet him, this is James Browning, my husband” Charles was shocked. He asked, “You were married?” James said, “No, my friend, we just got married last week as because she didn’t got your replies from the letter she couldn’t informed you” Charles thought for a while. He hides the ring inside his coat. Then he asked, “In which address did you send it?” Mileva said, “ University address” Charles then gifted them the lilies which he bought for her and wished them a happy married life. He then was about to leave. Mileva holded his hand and gave him a letter in hidden. Charles didn’t gave his letter to him. He took her letter and left quietly.

Charles left back to him vacation house. He threw everything he found around him. He broke the vases, scattered the books all around. And lastly he sat at the leg of his bed holding his knees. He was crying badly. He spoked in his mind, “ Why to keep this house when the reason is not fulfilled. I’ll sold it out.” After a while, “Wait she gave me letter what’s written there” reminding it he looked around for the letter as he had scattered everything. He found it under the flowers which were all over the floor. He sat down on the spot and unsealed it. Opening the letter, it reads:

“ Dear Charles,

I have been writing you many letters since you left last summer. My parents have decided for my marriage with James. I have written you many letters but you didn’t replied any of it. I was asking you to come and tell them that you will marry me not James. I love you Charles but I don’t know why you didn’t replied any of my letter. Now I have got married with James. I know you love me too but where are you why didn’t you came. Now I have nothing to tell you move on my dear, and find a new mate. It must be our fate that we cant be together.

Your Mileva.”

Charles falls from the sky. He asked, “She wrote letters but I didn’t got any? How?”

Kelvin asked, “ Do you still have those letters with you?” Charles replied, “Yes I have all” Kelvin again asked in curiosity, “But who I am to you? How did you got me? I didn’t found this answer yet” Charles said, “At the end of my words you will get your answers which I didn’t told you when you were a child” “Okay, then what happed happed?” Kelvin was getting more curious to know.