Chapter 8: A new life

Charles Donaldson returned to London with the child and his belongings. He reached the University and sat at Principal’s office. The child was sleeping in his arms. Charles was still crying in grief. Miller and Nicholas reached the office on recess. Miller came and asked, “Oh my boy…are you alright?” Nicholas popped up and asked, “whose child is that?” Charles told them every happening speaking softly and pants while he speaks. Miller said, “So, who will keep the child?” Nick said, “Don’t worry my ducky duck, my mother will look after him” Charles asked, “Sure?” “Yes my duck she will don’t worry, if you want we can stay together for him, of you agree?”

Charles though for a while, he agreed, but he kept some conditions. He said, “Until he grew up we wont let him know that he is orphan and when he will be 7 years old we will separate and he will live with any of us anytime he feels likes” “Okay done then” nick agreed. Miller asked, “What we will call him?” Nick said, “Nice question sir” Charles though for a while “If we call him Kelvin?” Charles suggested. Miller said, “Nice” nick said, “Okay then we’ll call him Kelvin”

Life started running in a new phrase. And one day after years, a new girl entered in Charles life. Nicholas also fell for her. It was none other than a new professor of Biology department. The other professors introduced. Nick spoked, “I’m Nicholas Wilde of Physics department” Miller said, “Next introduce yourself” , Charles said, “I’m Charles Donaldson of Chemistry department, nice to meet you” then the others introduced.

Firstly Charles didn’t look at her much but one day. At home Kelvin came to Charles at the kitchen and said, “Hey, Prof.” “What you need now?” Charles asked. Kelvin approached him and said at his ears, “Why don’t you make friendship with Prof. Blake” “You mean Catherine?” Charles asked. “Yes, she is very good and she likes you” Kelvin informed. “Stop kidding, go and study naughty boy” Charles shouted. Kelvin left quietly, smiling.

Charles looked through the corner of his eyes. After preparing the dinner he landed himself at his desk and started writing a letter.