chapter 5: Feelings

Next day in the first hours of the day, Charles met Mr. Wool who solded him the house. He told him that he didn’t want to keep the house he want to sold it back to him or find someone else for the house. Mr. Wool was a old man. He told him, “My boy, where I will find anyone else for the house?, if want to sell the house that I will not force you but I need time to sell it again” Charles said, “How much time do you need? Take it all you need” Mr. Wool said, “Come next summer, until then I will find a new guy for the house” “Sure” Charles replied and left back to London from Cartmel at the first hours.

Mileva saw him leaving before the summer vacation ends. She spoked softly, “Sorry Charles”. Letters has came for her. She has received it for the door. She found its Charles letter. There are two. She opened the first and it reads:

“Dear Mileva,

How are you? Is everything fine? You didn’t wrote me a letter after I left last summer. Hope you are fine. I thought to propose you this summer. I have bought a beautiful ring for you. I hope you will love it. I will be coming on next Friday. Meet you soon. Love you my love. With love your Charles.”

Mileva caught herself in the middle of her feelings. She spoked, “ You didn’t got a single letter but How?”

Then she took the second letter and opened it in hurry. It reads:

“Dear Mileva,

I have read your letter. I don’t know why I didn’t got any of your letters. Leave that now. Wish you a happy married life with your husband James Browning. And sorry for addressing you as ‘Dear’. Stay safe and healthy. I will sold this Cartmel house. I will never return here.

Thank you….your….well wisher”

Mileva sat at the corner of the balcony. She felt very bad. But the question was why didn’t Charles got any of her letters?