Chapter 6: The offender

Charles returned London. The University has reopened. The classes have started in order. Prof. Henry Miller, reached the Chemistry lab of the University. He accompanied Charles’ co- professor Nicholas Wilde who was the Physics Prof. He was a young lad as Charles both are in similar age.

Miller knocked at the door. Charles didn’t answered. Nicholas popped in and exclaimed, “ Hey My Ducky Duck, are you alright?” Nick didn’t found Charles. “He is not here I think” Nick said to Miller. Miller and Nick entered the Lab. They found him cleaning the glass pieces which got broken by his hands. “Hey are you fine?” nick asked, “Yes I am alright just the test tube fell from my hands” Charles said in a low voice. Nick found his hand had got cut. He brought the first aid and treated him. Charles, Miller and Nick sat at the chair near the Lab table. Miller asked, “ You came but you didn’t meet me in the morning,  is everything alright?” Charles asked, “Who look after letter at the University Gate?” Nick said, “Its Poker, the new one” miller asked, “Anything wrong?” Charles told Nick and Miller about whatever happened in the Summer Vacation.

In the recess period, Charles rushed with Nicholas to Mr. Poker. Poker asked, “Sir, do you need something?” Nick caught his collars. Charles calm him down and let Poker sat on the chair. Charles asked, “Did you found any letter for me since the last Summer vacation before this one?” Poker got frightened and exclaimed in fear, he fell on their feets and said, “Please forgive me sir, I am an old guy with three children, I am very poor. My salary is less then my expenditure” Nick smirked, “Sooo…?” Poker said, “So, I agreed to that man, he told me that he will pay 100 Pound for each letter. Just you must not get it at any cost” Nick was both surprised and shocked by Poker’s answer. “100 pound for each…!!!! Is that a joke?” exclaimed Nick. Charles asked, “Who told you to do all this nonsense things for such an amount?” Poker was frightened. Nick said, “Tell the name buddy or you are going to lost your job too” Poker swallowed but nothing was in his mouth. He said, “Mr. James Browning, a local teacher near the University”

Nicholas taking the address of the offender from Mr. Poker. He and Charles reached there after University got over. Reaching the house they knocked, the door was opened by James himself. Seeing Charles James face fad off. Nick caught him, made him sat on a chair. Charles closed the door behind. Charles asked "why did you do that?" James said, “I liked Mileva and I wanted to marry her. I knew that you were dating her since 3 years. Still I did all to get her”