1. The start of the pain

Working hard to live and get through all of your hurdles is something very hard, for me. Living like this is a prison, never thought something like working will lead to a life like this. I feel myself chained and trapped in a hole no one can save me from.

In this place, far away from everybody else, from the lights of the cities I'm  dreaming of seeing now. Living in a dark room full of painful memories you didn't know will stay with you forever, makes you hate your life, why am I still alive if everything I had is gone, I want to be invisible, lost, lost in a place nowhere to be found, I want to get away from this reality, wanna die.

'Fuck' I cursed myself as a plate fell on the floor and breaks down into thousand of pieces, spreading over the ground in the whole kitchen.

Yes you're right, I am a servant, works in this scary castle full of hateful people I never dreamt of being with. With some other maids that helps me. My mom used to work here and her passing away made me hate everyone here, specially the Mrs. They tortured her to death because she forgot to clean the Mrs. daughters dresses, who even can have a heart like this, obviously it's dark as night.

'Mom, I miss you' Some tears travelled down on my cheeks as I bowed down to clean the mess I made before the Mrs. know. I remember every single moment with her and everything is only a memory now our brain can recall, I wish she finds comfort and happiness there in paradise and hope I'll follow her soon.

"Minghao, what did you do?" Alya came to the kitchen and started helping me. "You know Mrs. will be very angry if she knows, hurry up - wait, are you crying?"

My face turned to her as she caressed it and made me look at her. She wiped my tears off and hugged me "I know Hao I know, I'm sure she's happy now and proud of you sweetie. Make her more proud of you and show that you're strong, you can do it"

Alya is one of the maids, she is like in my mom's locality but no one can replace her. Having her by my side gives me strength and willing of fighting to live. Working here for more than 13 years is absolutely experience now, she always helps and teachs me.

I sniffled hard and pushed her away slightly "No.." I sniffled again then continued while trying to hold in my tears "... Don't worry I'm okay" My legs were trembling as I stood straight up.

"Looks like my mom needs to know something, huh" I heard that scoffing voice, that girl, Mrs's. daughter. She's leaning on the door frame with a phone in her hands, she is filming.

"Gotta go and tell what you did you brat" She flipped her hair and walked through the hall, her heels clacking on the newly cleaned floor.

I can't hold it anymore, I burst out crying and kneeled down as my hand tightened on the glass pieces I'm holding. I can glimpse blood running down from my injured hand on the white floor.

"Stop that!" Alya shouted at me and took the glass from my hand then hurried to bring the aid kit.

My blurry eyes opened and looked at the bleeding hand, I tightened my grip then stood up and ran to my room, blood falling down every step I take.

☔︎︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎☔︎︎

I was crying silently in my bed when I heard some knocks on the door.

I wiped my tears with my sleeves and walked to open, it's Alya with a bandage in her hand.

She got in and sat on the edge of the bed and gestured to me to sit beside her, I did as she told me and handed her my hand.

Alya mopped my dirty hand and wrapped the bandage on it and in the end put a small cute tape on it to not loosen up easily then got out without saying anything, but her face expression was warm.

All of a sudden I heard steps running towards my room. Then there was Amy, she was breathless as she talked "M.. Minghao, Mrs... wants to se-e you"

I know what she wants, I know what will happen, so I'm ready to all of it thought it'll hurt obviously much.

☔︎︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎☔︎︎

"Who do you think you are?! What were you thinking?? Dreaming of ruling this castle?!! Huh!" Mrs. was shouting loudly at the dining table at me. Please, they're eating and as I know it's not allowed to speak while eating dinner or breakfast or whatever. "Never think of such thing, it's disgusting. You'll be punished next time if you break anything else, tonight no one dares to give him food. Come clean this mess" She threw a plate full of food that broke and the food splattered everywhere.

I couldn't even dare to raise my head as I was standing there with fear. I hurried to the kitchen to bring the cleaning items and came back. I saw how her children were looking at me, as I'm a horrible monster no one dares to be near him. Whatever, I don't care, I just want to survive this nightmare.

As I finished cleaning I made my way to the kitchen again. But what made my heart beat faster is what the Master said, it's the first time he speaks with me.

"Be careful next time"

My eyes looked at him for a quarter of the second and I saw his brown crystals looking up at me, the sides of his mouth curved up into a very invisible small smile. I didn't care cuz I don't have the right to and walked to the kitchen quickly.

I'm the only boy here and the others all are maids, but they're kind and very caring toward me. Or they are just pitying me, I'm still 17 years old and I think the real hard times hasn't come. I'm scared.

"What in the world is this life I'm living in"

☔︎︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎☔︎︎

I'm not asleep yet and starving to death, my breakfast was a toast, one tomato and a glass of yogurt. Who can this small meal feed?? A little homeless rat.

I was laying flat on my stomach when I noticed a little pouch in front of the door. I get confused and got up to the door, there was a small candy bag. I kneeled down and grabbed it, looks like someone shoved it under my door.

'I'm sorry to the one who gave it to me, but I really can't eat it. I don't dare, if I do and Mrs. know she'll punish me'

I put the pouch back to its place and walked back to my bed, my belly growled and I looked back at the little sack. I shook my head and thoughts away and hold my stomach.

My bed cracked as I sat on it. I curved my body into a ball and began crying. I didn't realize that I fell asleep without even covering myself.

❊❊❊

Note: Not fluent in English, may be a lot of mistakes.

*Edited: 2024
Published: 2023