2. The Master

I woke up scared of the loud knocks on my door. Quickly got up and tidied my bed then went to open the door. As I opened there stood Alya, I can see fear on her face. Shivers got into me as I felt frightened of the scenarios my brain makes. My eyes can be known that they're asking 'what's wrong' but I couldn't speak.

"W-what–" I stuttered, before finishing my question she answered me and I drowned in depression after what she said "Mrs. wants to see you.."

Why is she giving me this face, it makes me uncomfortable.

"Sorry I have to hurry" I cut her before she say anything and ran out to Mrs. room. I can't lie the atmosphere was weird and the feeling inside me is not what I wished, trembling.

My hand slowly knocked on her door afraid if she's asleep so I wouldn't wake her up, but luckily she was waiting for me inside. When I got in, in the speed of the light my cheek turned red as I can feel it burning. She slapped me, why? Did I do something wrong? If I did she could just tell me so I can fix it and no need to be so dramatic.

"Who told you to eat that snack?" In her arrogant voice she spoke up while crossing her arms and looking at me in revulsion.

Minghao, he doesn't dare to face her, like yes! I didn't even smell it, what does she mean by eating??

"Answer" Mrs. said again in an annoyed tone that can be known miles away.

"I-I'm sorry–"

"Don't apologize! I said answer. My. Question!" The woman in front of me shouted and some footsteps came to the room.

"Mo–" It was Ella, her mother cut her by shouting. I swear their rules are so weird.

"Can't you see I'm talking with someone!? Not someone but I'm speaking and don't cut me off again" When she turned to me again I knew it was my end, or I should go on with what she is waiting to know.

Suddenly she brought up her phone to my face and played a video of me eating something in front of my room's door.

"Say you did not eat it"

"Mrs. I real–"

"Stop talking nonsense! You'll be punished to clean the whole garden alone, and no breakfast until you're done. Vanish" She turned around giving me her back as an answer for me to leave. I lowered my head and made my way out of the beautiful designed room that cannot show we're living in the same castle.

Some tears fell from my eyes that made my cheeks burn due to the slap I got earlier, it was really hard, didn't know that witch is so strong.

On my way outside Ella backed for me and after few steps in the hall I bumped into someone. The person was wearing black clothes as I can see, it's obviously a boy and who other than the Master. I apologized intensely and ran out to the garden without looking back. The air coming on my red face is like I'm living in hell, cold and warm at the same time.

It's still Autumn and that means there's a lot of leaves that needs to be grouped. I sighed before starting what I was ordered to do. It is fucking 7 in the morning and the sun hasn't shown up properly yet, or it has but not as warm as summer, I'm freezing.

The tears falling on my face are cold and I can say froze too, I wiped them and some others running down again. This is too much I really can't handle it, I fell to the ground helplessly and hugged my knees to warm myself and be smaller so no one can see me, I seriously don't want to be in this harsh world.

Few minutes passed I gathered myself together and raised my head to the sky praying that some help will fall on me, but as always no answer. I smiled between my warm waterfalls and sniffled again, there I noticed someone was watching me, so quickly I got up and started cleaning and trying to act like nothing happened.

'Why is he here' I'm scared now, what does he want I really don't have anything to do with him, I'm only a servant here for him and his family and I don't want any other penalties.

I turned my head a little bit and landed the side of my eyes where he was standing, no one was there, I released a sigh and continued my work. So surprisingly when I turned around again I got panic. 'What the heck? Why is he here!'

The Master was standing in front of me while looking at me and how of a stupid action I made. I ignored him and turned to the other side and gathered some leaves that spreaded because of the wind. And all of a sudden I saw him helping me collecting the leaves in one place. What is he doing? Isn't his mom going to be angry at him? Or at me specifically with the excuse that I asked his help or forced him? 'Fuck'

"Master you don't have to do that, I can do it by myself"

He didn't answer me which made me think that he didn't hear so I repeated "Sir please leave. Your mother will be mad at me if she see you"

Here, he stopped and looked at me. The boy stood there without saying anything, I started feeling a little nervous. Then he spoke up "No"

I was shocked. What does he mean by no? I swear I'm on my nerves; in any single moment I'll be in a very deep depression.

"Sorry– I mean Master. I'm sorry but please go in or you'll get sick, your mom will be worried–"

"Why do you always talk about her?" He cut my sentence in a strict voice while locking his eyes with mine. A small 'huh' escaped my mouth as I felt lost and my mind unorganized at the moment. What should I say?

"Are you that frightened of her knowing that I am talking with you?" His voice tone is scary but he's right I'm very afraid.

"Ye– I mean no..... Actually.. Yes, but please don't talk with me" I put the leaves in a big black sack and walked away but stopped when he spoke up.

"Me too,"

I thought for a little longer then walked to another spot of leaves. The Master spoke again which got me shocked.

"... I hate my mom"

Someone like me who got the love from his mom doesn't know how the others lived so I said that "Please don't, she loves you" and continued my job.

The wind is the only sound between us, I can't turn to look at him but he's the one who approached. I stopped from cleaning and heard what he's saying. 'Looks like I'm not the only one suffering here'

"My mom never loved me, and for your information she's not my real mother, I'm adopted. My dad married her after my mom died at night by a bullet in the head by two thieves who got into our house"

"I'm sorry–"

"He married her because she's rich and he thought he'll never have hard times in his life thereafter, but here where his silliness brought him, he died by cancer and left me alone with this family that I don't feel like belonging to"

"You know? Me too. I lost my dad in the same way you lost yours. My mom worked hard to get money but everyone kicked her out. Until she was accepted to work here and... died here t-too" I sobbed at the thought of my mother.

There was silent, no one dares to say a word. I shrugged off my thoughts and wiped my face then continued what I was doing few minutes ago. All of a sudden the boy grabbed my wrist and made his way in to the castle.

We left the leaves uncleaned, and the only thing I was thinking about was to go back and finish them. "Sir, I must finish my work. Please let me go" I tried to get away from his grip but damn he's robust. On our way in he stopped in front of the kitchen's door and said strictly "The leaves outside needs to be gathered" He finished what he is saying and made his way to his room while dragging me with him.

My eyes met his mom's on the way there, I lowered my head and began to pull myself back. The stares I got was deadly and shocked, like she's saying 'just wait you little brat'.

'Please God, save me'

❊❊❊

Hello
I don't know what to say but thanks for reading and please bear with my correction, and give Face The Sun a lot of love and support! ≧﹏≦

See! I kept my promise about the Junhao fanfic

And yes I forgot, Happy SEVENTEEN's 7th anniversary. They're really precious please give them a lot and lot of love, they did very well through those years

ᵇʸᵉ