14. Back but better?

This house is for that grandma. Her son moved to America and left the residence empty. The woman said we can stay here since we know the man and she'll tell him about it. We were hesitated about our decision but where do we have to live other than here at the moment. We agreed about what the lady suggested but still felt strange to stay here alone not knowing the neighborhood well.

"I'll make sure to tell him that you'll stay here for a period. I have to go shopping groceries now" She stood up and went to put on her coat and shoes. When she opened the door there stood two massive structure men wearing black costumes who were about to knock on the door.

As soon as I glimpsed them I hid behind the wall and prevented the Master to walk out of the room. He looked confused and I shushed him whisper-saying "The guards, they're here"

He peeked his head a little then quickly returned back shocked. We kept quiet starting to sweat while our hearts were pounding hardly, afraid of what the woman will answer.

"You said two young boys?" The men nodded politely "Sorry I haven't seen anyone around" I noticed the men are trying to see through from behind her. I didn't think she's that clever.

"I'm living alone. Don't sneak at a single woman, that's against the rules. What if I have something personal no one is allowed to see?" She crossed her arms at the two men and raised her eyebrow.

Talking about rules, she said she's been a lawyer for 9 years, that's amazing, and what's more unbelievable is that she is 37 years old only.

"We apologize for that. If you see the boys we detailed for you don't ignore to tell us" They bowed and walked to their luxurious black car.

After she closed the door she called us "Do you have anything to do with those men?" Her voice was strict as if she felt betrayed by us. We nodded and I explained for her everything. Happy to see her understandable, if not we'd be dead by now.

Jun grabbed the remote and tried to turn on the TV after the woman left. "It's different from the one I have in my room" The TV turned on on the news. As soon as it's on, the journalist blurted the word 'dead'.

"Wait what? Who?" I sat down back and Jun stepped aside for me to see. He too was confused while looking at the television in interest while standing.

"She was found in the living room breathless. Her death isn't known why or how but according to what her daughters said is that she was struggling with a sickness for a long time now, about 3 years" The journalist announced and some pictures of the place was shown first then...

"Hey isn't this the palace?!!" I stood up startled and looked at Jun in front of me who was giving me his back and his eyes were glued at the screen. For a while my heart clenched strongly at the news we just heard and at the sight of the poor boy. I walked to beside him and rubbed his back. He was hardly managing to keep his tears from falling.

He cut my thoughts and what I was going to say and threw the remote on the couch then ran outside. I followed him while shouting to him to come back.

The Master ran all the way to the highway "Hey!" My breathing was cutting my words "Where are you going?" I stopped for few seconds then continued running "Look in front.." I can't yell anymore my voice isn't coming out. As my breath was hard I stopped speaking then mumbled when he bumped into someone "... of you" My feet kept running toward the boy when the man turned around and quickly hold him.

"Came here by yourself"

I stopped four meters away from them and stared in fear. I don't know why I'm frightened but seeing Jun in the hand of someone he doesn't want,, scared me.

Before I could do anything someone grabbed me too and pushed me kindly to where the Master and that man is standing. I looked up and saw the same guards from earlier. I quickly kicked the man's leg and pained him but he didn't let go of me and tightened his grip.

"We finally found you" They took out a rope and tied our hands gently from the front "We're not gonna hurt you but bring you home"

"Home my ass! It's called hell!" I yelled but they didn't respond. They walked us to the car and let us in then closed the doors. My gaze turned to Jun who was very calm and the sadness filling his face. I calmed down and sat back properly then moved to sit beside him. The engine started and the man drove toward the palace.

I scrubbed my arm with his shoulder and he looked at me. I smiled widely hoping to brighten his mood, but his smile was weak and quickly turned his gaze to the window. I felt sad and pouted but then started to play around with him, he was just looking. I started walking my two fingers to him and patting his hands lightly. My voice turned thiner as I spoke up like kids "Hello! My name is Ming. And I'm Hao! What's your name?"

He chuckled slightly and faced me, a small smile on his face "Do you mind if I hold your hand!" I said and took Jun's hand in mine hoping to comfort him a little bit "Looks like it's okay~" I cheered cutely then giggled.

"Wacky" The Master murmured and I chuckled again as he thanked me.

☔︎︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎⚡︎☔︎︎

When we arrived to the castle, me and Jun rushed in. 'The garden is too huge'

"J-Jun.." His sister stuttered as she saw him at the door. She quickly ran and pulled him into a very tight hug while her tears are falling endlessly.

As if something went wrong when we opened the door every eye is on us. The silence filled the place and only calm sobs were heard. The Master was shocked too unable to move as his older sister is hugging him. Slowly he lowered his hand and stroke Isa's hair gently and hugged her back.

I saw her hand tightening on the boy's shirt. That's heartbreaking. It's right she was treating me bad but I did feel sorry and sad for her children. I know how it feels to lose someone precious in your life, but that's how life is going.

Soon the other two girls came up and joined their siblings.

The maids was comforting each other and some were crying.

Enough of me watching everything is happening, Jun dragged me and hugged me with them. Confused, every single thing is confusing me. Fearing the girls I slowly put my arm around Jun's shoulder not daring to move the other one because of them standing on the other side.

I looked up and my eyes contacted with the older sister, she smiled warmly at me with her cheeks wet of tears. The hesitation took over me if I'll smile or not but I couraged myself and returned the smile back weakly, seemingly nervous.

She let go of her siblings and walked to me, though only few steps away, and hugged me which got me stunned. "Thank you for taking care of my little brother"

All of them are looking at me, Jun the most. He hit me lightly on my back as a gesture for me to hug her. I did.

"Y-you're welcome..." I'm not sure of what I am saying or specifically don't know what I'm saying.

I broke the hug and followed the Master in to take a look. We stood there in front of Tina's tomb that will be taken to the grave later.

Jun started crying silently while mumbling "I'll- I'll miss you.." His sentences is being cut by his sobs. "Although how you t-took care of me-e wa-was harsh... I'll miss you.. a l-ittle bit..."

Suddenly he threw himself in my arms as I tried to calm him down.

❊❊❊

Three chapters left~

Bye!