MY KIND OF GIRL 17

AUTHORS POV

Jia was slowly opening her eyes not knowing where she is. She finds herself having a hard time opening her eyes. Her mind started to wonder, why she is having such difficulty.

When she thought that her eyes were totally opened everything was blurry. And she is only seeing through her right eye. That's makes her wonder even more.

She thought thay she is maybe feeling dizzy. But still wondering why would she felt dizzy.

"Dxxx. It was a hangover I guess. Lagi nalasing na naman." (that's what she thought and she closes her eyes again. She tries to relax and calm down.

Then, she tries to move her hand but couldn't. Then, there was a surge of pain and numbness too all over her body. She couldn't understand what she feels. She wanted to move her body but it feels like it is stiffened.

She tries to reopen her eyes again, forcing herself through dizziness. Still, it was blurry and seeing only through her right eye.

"What is going on?" (her mind is wondering again but started to panic a little bit)

She was thinking but nothing comes to her mind. It was blank. She doesn't get it. She doesn't know where she is, why she couldn't move her body or why everything is blurry. Something is really stranged.

Then, she heard a voice, a low one and saw someone was beside her but couldn't recognize it because it was too blurry.

"Ate Jia."

She could hear excitement from the voice and could sense a desperation too. And the voice sounds familiar. For a second she thought.

JIA: "Bok."

Tawag niya sa kapatid ng maalala ito. She knows it was him kahit hindi niya masyadong naaaninag ito.

BOK: "Ate Jia."

She could hear he is in tears. She is wondering why would he do that. Jia was thinking na baka isa na naman ito sa mga prank ng kapatid niya. Lakas kasi ito makatrip sa kanya madalas.

PAPU: "Anak."

Dinig niya mula sa kanyang Papu. She recognizes it.  She could see someone standing on the other side and she thinks it was her Papu.

MAMU: "Salamat sa Diyos anak at gising ka na."

Parang naiiyak pa na naririnig niya mula dito. Lalo tuloy nagtaka si Jia kung anong meron. Bakit parang lahat sila ay naiiyak at ang Mamu niya nagpapasalamat na nagising siya.

"Am I dreaming? Is this a bad dream or something?" (that's what going through her mind)

JIA: "Papu, Mamu. Everything is blurry."

Wika niya sa mga ito. She is trying her best to see clearly but couldn't. She knows that something is really wrong but couldn't figure out because nothing comes into her mind.

PAPU: "Huwag ka mag-alala, parating na dito ang doktor."

JIA: "Doktor?"

Takang tanong niya rito.

MAMU: "It's okay anak."

JIA: "I couldn't move my body too. Masakit yung buong katawan ko. Bakit may doktor?"

Paliwanag niya sa mga ito.

PAPU: "It's okay. The doctor is coming, you will feel better later."

JIA: "Nasa hospital po ba ako? Bakit po may doktor?"

Sobrang nagtataka na talaga siya sa mga nangyayari.

MAMU: "Huwag ka muna magsasalita. Hintayin natin ang doktor. Huwag ka muna mag-iisip."