Chapter 5 - The road trip and Mystic Grill drama

Right now, Lily and three of her five children were on their way to Atlanta to save a newly transitioned werewolf before the full moon that was supposed to peak in around 5 hours, which would give them plenty of enough time to get there. Lily was practically sweating, thinking about how she would tell Henry and Diana, her oldest children, that their father and younger half-sister are going to be going to the same school, living in the same small town. That they would have to see their half-sister, the person their father chose over them, every day.

While Lily was driving, Stephanie's complaining pulled her out of her anxious thoughts. "Urgh. Why can't we use magic to teleport there?" Diana and Henrick rolled their eyes at their younger sister, as she interrupted them playing 'Crazy 8s' with a new deck of cards they got from visiting their aunt Bonnie and uncle Enzo.

"We can't" Lily started, keeping her eyes on the road. "If we do then-" She was interrupted by her first-born speaking.

"-then there you be serious side effects," Diana said in a monotone voice while not looking away from her cards. She put down another card and then proceeded to yell in her twin's face. "Last card!"

Henrick rolled his eyes at his older sister before declaring. "You cheated!"

"Did not." Diana denied.

"Did too." Henrick rebutted.

"Did not."

"Did too."

"DID NOT!"

"DID TO!"

"STOP SHOUTING WITH I'M DRIVING," Lily yelled, and the car fell silent. The twins hung their heads in shame while Stephanie continued to write the song she was working on for the upcoming talent show. After a moment, Lily decided to speak up. "I'm sorry for yelling. It wasn't right."

"Are you okay, mum?" Henrick asked. "You seem more on edge than usual."

His question was met with silence. The silence made Diana and Henrick wonder what their mother was holding back from them. On the other hand, Stephanie grew tense and uncomfortable. She knew the reason their mother was silent.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Diana demanded softly. Lily sighed before answering vaguely. "We have to talk about your father."

The twins dropped their cards in shock and anger. To them, their 'father' was a horrible person who could burn in hell for all they care. "What about him?" Diana grumbled. Lily was silent for a moment, trying to find the right words when the twins started to understand what she mentioned to him. "Wait. Is he in Mystic Falls?" Diana asked, being met with more ashamed silence from their mother. "At the school?!" Henrick asked, raising his voice.

"Yes," Lily said, in a low whisper, sounding like she was about to break. The twins were about to yell at their mother but decided against it. They knew that their father was a difficult topic for her. She has been alone for a long time; Stefan died; Caroline, Tyler, Bonnie, Enzo, Elena, and Damon left; Alaric is super busy with school, like she; and taking care of 5 children.

Lily grew even more uncomfortable with the silence. "Why aren't you getting mad? I know I should've told you before, but I just found out yesterday and you coming back today, and... I didn't want to ruin the end of your trip." Lily ramble.

"Mom," Henrick started, "We hate him for everything that he put you and everyone else through, but we're not mad at you. He left you too. I think I speak for both of us when I say that." Lily smiled at his kind words.

"That's good. But there's more that we need to discuss. For example, what would happen if he started to get suspicious? What would we say? Because I don't want to deal with the drama that comes with telling him. He'll want to spend time with both of you, which is something I know that you don't want to do." Lily says and the twin's nod. "But now is not the time to talk about it. So, tell us, how was your trip?"