Chapter 9 - Beginning to fight

Everyone was waiting anxiously for the lunch meeting to begin. Stephanie was snuggled beside Harper, Diana and Landon were talking about where their next date will be, while Henrick was doodling on his sketchbook. They were all waiting in the headmistress' office for Emma to bring Hope, and Elijah and Klaus.

All of Lily's children-especially Diana and Henrick, seemed to have taken the news of Klaus coming relatively well. Lily, on the other hand, was pacing in front of her desk, thinking about how this meeting could go.

Lily's phone rang and when checking it, she saw Caller ID of the Gate security.

"Yes?" Lily's voice spoke into the phone nervously.

"Lils? We got two guys who's names are Elijah, and Klaus here. They say they're here for a meeting. Do I send them in?" The other security guard, James says.

"Yes, James. Thank you." Lily thanked him, with her usual calm and nice tone. Before the phone was hung up on his end.

"Let me guess. They arrived at the gate?" Henrick asked, more like a statement, while never taking hieyes off his book.

"You're correct. Now I've got to get Hope. I'll be back with our newly enrolled student and the two guests." She said, walking out of her office and closing the door.

She walked out of the main office and to the counsellor's space, near the main entrance. When she got to Emma's office, she paused for a moment, preparing herself for the meeting that could go amazingly well or horribly wrong. She was hoping for the former instead of the latter.

She knocked lightly, stepping back out of politeness. It took a moment, but the door was swung open, revealing Emma-the one who opened the door, and Hope who was sitting on a chair with a stress ball in hand. A small smile crept on her face when she saw Lily.

"It's time." Lily spoke rather vaguely, with her warm smile towards Hope, who looked confused after her words.

"Time for what?" Hope asked, wondering what she meant.

"You wanted to meet others like you, right?" Lily asked, causing Hope to nod, meaning 'yes'. "Well, I've set up a lunch meeting with them. Today." Lily continued, a small smile on her face from how funny Hope's facial expression was.

"Lunch is in..." Hope started, looking at the clock in the room. "..right now. Right now? I'm going to meet people like me, right now?" She began to ramble and get nervous, and Lily took quick notice as she kneeled down to look up at Hope with her normal warm smile.

"It will be okay. You're father and Elijah are joining aswell. So don't worry, you'll have some familiar faces in the room alomg with myself." Lily managed to calm Hope down with her words.

"Emma, could you get our visitors from the entrance and bring them here? I can hear them walking up to the doors right now." Lily said, standing up, and looking at Emma with pleading eyes.

"Of course." She replied before walking off to finding Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson.

______

"How mych longer until we can leave?" Stephanie groans, her head laying on Harper's lap and the latter strokes her hair.

"We have to wait for them so she can actually meet us. Be patient little sister. All in due time." Henrick spoke, his eyes still focused on his book.

"Well, at least you have a book to pass the time." Stephanie remarked, slightly teasing him.

"You brought your girlfriend so don't complain." Henrick spoke in a bored voice, with his eyes still trained to the pages of his book.

"Atleast I have a girlfriend." Stephanie fought back, raising her head at his sly remark.

"Well at least I have friends." Henrick retorted, raising his voice.

"Where are they? I don't see them?" Stephanie said, standing up, with anger evident in her tone

Their back-and-forth fighting continued for much longer, but each time betting more heated retorts.

______

Lily walked with Hope to the entrance and saw Emma, Elijah and Klaus.

"Hello, everyone. Are we ready?" Lily asked, mainly directing her question to Hope, who nodded excitingly.

Emma took Hope hand and walked in front of the three vampires.

"Thank you for the invitation to this lunch, Lily." Elijah spoke, as they walked to her office.

"No problem. I'm glad Hope can know more people like her." Lily said, while looking at Hope who was talking to Emma excitingly.

"Yes. I do have some questions for them, if that's alright." Elijah said.

"Of course. I'm sure they wouldn't mind." Lily assured, as she turned her head to reply to Elijah's words.

"How many are there, and what are their names?" Klaus asked, speaking for the first time this visit, locking eyes with Lily.

"There's three-all related actually. The oldest, Diana, is about Hope age, she has younger twin... Henry." Lily says, deliberately not saying Henrick's name

"And the other?" Klaus asked, causing Lily to stop walking, and look at the brothers.

"She's a bit different. Her... She was very close to her father and when he died... she's just a little overprotective of her family and her anger issues are something that we're working on." Lily said, trying really hard not to tell them about her werewolf curse being dormant because she promised her daughter.

"I shall give them my condolences." Elijah spoke, a sympathetic look on his face.

"They don't like talking about it so I suggest neither of you mention it." Lily said quickly. She knew her children would react badly if Klaus and Elijah brought up Stefan.

"I understand." Elijah nodded.

"Now let's not keep everyone waiting." Lily said, before walking quickly to catch up to Hole and Emma.

The three vampires managed to catch up to Emma and Hope before walking into Lily's office.

What Lily didn't know then, was that opening the door to her office was going to be the biggest mistake she ever made.

Author's Note
Another cliffhanger. Don't worry I'm going to post the next chapter tomorrow since I haven't finished writing it, but what I can tell you is some stuff is about to go down and it's going to get crazy, but things should start to make sense.
Thank you for reading my book so far. I really appreciate all of you!

Get prepared for next chapter.