Chapter 13 - Blood and Mothers

The phone was dialing, making Lily's anxiety grow with every pause in the melody of the dial tone. The blonde heretic dared to call her biological mother; they hadn't spoken in years.

Amelia Martin was a witch. She and her family knew the former Parker family, which meant they also knew that the Parkers were a part of the Gemini coven. Lily already knew that her mother had been involved in some of their coven's spells.

Another thing that the blonde heretic knew about her mother is that she ran away from both toxic covens. Amelia's parents were just as abusive and manipulating as Joshua Parker.

Lily was pulled out of her thoughts when the dial tone changed and she heard a familiar voice.

"You really thought you could call mommy to help you?" Katherine's voice wasn't the voice she was expecting. In fact, she was the last person she'd expect to answer her mother's phone.

"What have you done with her? Where's my mother, Katherine?" Lily demanded, jumping out of her chair.

"Oh, she's taking a little nap at the moment. Nothing to worry about. For now." Katherine laughed cynically, her words making Lily turn pale with anxiety and shock.

Luckily, her mother was turned into a vampire when she was around two years old, which was one of the reasons why Amelia gave up her daughter. But now she was dead—well, temporarily more dead than usual. And her vulnerability for the possibility of her actual death made Lily nervous. Her mother's life was in the hands of a sociopath.

"What do you want?" Lily asked for what felt like the hundredths time.

"I want... your blood." She answered.

Why would she want my blood? Lily asked herself. There was no reason that she or Kai would need her blood. She couldn't think if a bad reason for it, but had to be a reason. If she could save her mother, she'd do almost anything.

Almost.

"What do you want with my blood?" Lily questioned, as she started to subconsciously pace around her office.

"That's for me to know and for you to... 'dot dot dot'," the brunette replied. Of course that would be her answer. Lily scoffed at her words. It was a typical Katherine thing to say. 

"Fine. I'll trade you my blood for my mother. Where do you want to meet?" Lily finally caved.

What Lily wasn't aware of was this choice she made, this small decision put Katherine and Kai's plan into place.

══════════════════

Author's Note: This is when the story takes a turn. I know it's really really short but I wanted this out before I have to work on school work. I'm going to have time to work and publish the chapter in three weeks when my schedule for school changes. I hope this is interesting, or at least makes you think about what's going to happen.

What do you think Kai and Katherine's plan is? or What do you think will happen? Let me know in the comments because I'm curious.