35 • Nausea

It had take almost twenty minutes for Jisung to go and get the letter I had left behind at the orphanage. The entire time he was gone I was an absolute nervous wreck. I lay down completely on Jisung's bed, holding my hands against my temples trying to alleviate the pounding headache from stress I had.

It shouldn't be taking this long, I thought to myself. He's fast as hell it should only have taken half a minute at most.

I was wrecked with guilt imagining what would happen to the people at the orphanage if they had found my note. Especially, Heather I thought of. If he was taking this long, surely someone had found it and he was cleaning up my mess...he was...oh God.

Then, suddenly, Jisung was standing in front of me. I shut up from my spot and desperately said, "Please tell me you didn't hurt anyone."

He tilted his head to the side in confusion. "Of course I didn't. I got your note back. Nobody found it."

I felt so much relieve I almost cried. That's when I noticed that Jisung didn't just return with the note but also with a hot stack of pancakes in a to-go container. He even brought me a container of maple syrup, some butter, nutella, a side of chopped bananas and mixed berries. He really went over board.

"I didn't really know if you had a preference for what you like on your pancakes so I got you a little bit of everything," He told me, handing over the bag and the myriad of options he had brought me.

The smell of it both made my stomach rumble and a burst of nausea come over me. I chose to ignore the nausea and focused on how genuinely amazing these looked.

I sat back up on his bed with my knees in a basket and began to pour the mabel syrup over the pancakes. God, this looks absolute amazing.

I put the chopped up banana on top of it to, and with that I began to dig in with my little white plastic fork.

It tasted beautiful, perhaps the most amazing tasted pancakes I'd ever tasted in my entire life. I smiled up at Jisung.

"Thank you so much for these. I'm absolutely starving."

He looked genuinely pleased to see me happy, running his hands through his hair and sinking down on the bed, sitting across from me.

"No worries. I want to make it up to you."

"Make it up to me?" I questioned through a mouthful of pancake.

"Yeah...for all those horrible things I said to you."

I swallowed hard. Across his face was a clear look of guilt and regret. Was I still mad at him for what he had said to me? Of course I was. But at the end of the day I knew he felt sorry for it so I didn't want to drag it out.

"I've already forgotten what you even said," I lied, not sounding the most convincing.

He seemed to decide to just let me have my lie. "Well, I'm happy you don't. I shouldn't have said it to you. I was just..." He sighed and left his thought there.

"It's okay."

I lifted another slice of pancake to my mouth but before It could even touch my lips, I felt my stomach churn, twist and finally explode with agony.

I dropped the fork suddenly and threw my head over the side of the bed, splurging out a large amount of vomit from my mouth.

Jisung reacted quickly like usual. He had scooped my hair up in his hands and gently pulled it away from my face.

"It's okay, it's okay," He repeated over and over again softly.

The intense nausea I felt stayed along with the deep pain in my stomach but I knew I wasn't going to throw up again so I leaned back. I squeezed my eyes closed. I was embarrassed.