14 • The Drive

We drove in complete, deafening silence but I was glad because it gave me the chance to take in my surroundings. I felt like I vaguely recognised where we were. As far as I could tell, we were just outside of town. If Jisung was normal, the concept of escaping and then running back to town wouldn't seen too far fetched.

I could take an odd route, go through the trees a little so he wouldn't be able to find me so easily, but with his speed it didn't feel like I had a chance against him.

The things that I knew only from the TV, silly TV programmes like buffy or twilight, were real. Or they had always been, and I had just never noticed. I wondered if most humans didn't know like me. In fact, did any humans know?

Someone must have, for the concept of vampires to ever have existed. What are the chances we'd accidentally come up with something like this for it to already exist? It's almost like life imitates art.

I began to imagine Bram Stoker accidentally creating vampires, for them to find out and wonder if someone had broken the rules. Were there rules? In Twilight there are. What type of system do they have for humans to never have found them out?

There was so many questions, so much left unanswered and it made me feel queezy and dizzy. I turned to look at Jisung, who was completely focused on the road.

He looked pretty silly, all wrapped up. The snow had began to melt and the sun was out. The road was filled with slush and the normal ground was icy and wet. It wasn't a good condition to run away from him in.

"Jisung," I said, pausing because I wasn't even sure what I even wanted to ask.

His eyes shifted to me. "That's my name." When I didn't say anything in return, he seemed to turn a little more serious. "What's wrong?"

"I have a lot of questions. I don't know where to start. I mean, you probably wouldn't answer any-"

"I will," He cut in sternly. "When we get to this diner, I'll explain as much as I can."

I knew that meant a ton of my questions would be left unanswered and I felt so exhausted due to this whole situation. I closed my eyes and tried to think of my escape but that also left me feeling more exhausted.

If I tried to run, he would catch me and I knew that. My next thought was, when we walked into the diner, I could just go up to the till and tell them that Jisung had kidnapped me. If I did, what would happen?

I wondered if, by doing so, I could be putting everybody in danger. But I almost laughed at how silly that premise seemed. Jisung could, of course, be pretty scary.

My mind flashed back to the horrible man who had attacked me, and how animalistic Jisung had looked that night. His speed was terrifying on his own, the way he managed to chase me down in seconds. The way he had managed to carry me with such ease, like I had the same weight as feather.

If he wanted to kill an entire diner full of people, I truly believed he could. But he didn't seem that threatening to me. Even though he was animalistic, there was something so soft and innocent about him as well.

In the snow, when he had been walking towards me, he had walked with such grace and precision like every step was completely calculated. His eyes seemed to suck you in, lock you into them and make you feel unable to flee.

But maybe that was just something vampires could do, right? Hypnotising your prey would make sense. This left me feeling defeated again. If I told someone that Jisung had kidnapped me, what would happen?

"Natalie, we're here."

The diner was pretty standard. The white outside of it had become dirty, the paint peeling off and there weren't many other cars in the parking lot. Apart from us, there were three other cars.

Should I tell someone?

We both got out of the car and I followed Jisung towards the diner. I felt dizzy still, struggling not to be careful not to slip on the still slippery ground. Jisung, however, continued to move with grace and ease like the ice didn't faze him.

We got inside where my nose was filled with a lot of different smells but primarily the smell of black coffee and cigarettes. I could see Jisung being physically repulsed by the smell, looking like he was going to throw up.

He pulled off the layers covering him, looking releaved. I could see three girls that clearly worked here, all gather suddenly together in a tight group behind the counter talking. They had begun to do it when they saw us - well, more specifically Jisung.

He was pretty good looking, so I couldn't really blame them for being so dumbfounded by him. Well, pretty good looking was an understatement. He was the most attractive person I had ever seen in my entire life.

Vampires in media are always portrayed as insanely good looking, and I guess humans got that right. It made sense that vampires would be absolutely beautiful. It would help draw in humans to their traps, I guess.

They also gave me some attention, but more annoyance and jealousy that I was with him. They probably thought that I was his girlfriend.

Oh, if only they knew what had went down the last couple of days.

Jisung, without seeming to notice the girls, put his hand on my back and lead me towards a booth that didn't let in sunlight. If they didn't think we were dating, they probably would now.

They got closer together, beginning to whisper to each other. I wanted to know what they were talking about, but I was pretty sure I knew already.

"Jisung, can you hear what they're saying?"

He looked towards them, clearly listening in. "I can."

"Right...and what are they saying?"

"Bad Natalie," He teased with playful tone. The way he had said it gave me butterflies a little...oh for god's sake, I'm just as bad as these girls! "That isn't any of your business, is it?"

I crossed my arms over my chest tightly. "It is if they're talking about me."

He smiled at me, making the butterflies in my stomach flutter even more and I felt the need to look away from him. I still had to escape him, I didn't want to end up liking him.

"Okay, well they're saying," He started, looking a little embarrassed. "They're talking about me."

"What are they saying about you?"

I couldn't help but smile at how innocent and squirmish he had become in this moment. I assumed they were saying something sexual about him or just talking about how hot he was, but he refused to tell me. When he stopped looking so shy, I knew they had stopped that conversation and were now onto something new.

"What are they saying now?"

"They're talking about you," He said, with a clear tone of annoyance.

Of course they are.

🌙

Yooyoooyooooooo
The next chapter is up tomorrow please vote and show some love💖