36 • Just pretty

published: 11 Sept

Before we left for the arcade, I had to drink some blood once again. I tried to prolong it for as long as I could - telling Jisung it could wait til after we had came back from the arcade. But, of course, he had to use reason to destroy my argument in seconds.

"You already said you were hungry, Nat. If we go to a place crawling with humans, I have no idea how you would react."

I hadn't thought about that before. "You're saying...I could...want to bite another human?"

"I'm not entirely sure. As I've said before, you're incredibly unique so I don't have a whole lot to go off but I don't particularly want to risk it. Do you?"

I swallowed hard. "Of course I don't."

"Good girl," He said to me through a smirk, holding up the bag of blood he had brought for me.

Like I had known would happen, my body simultaneously had two different reactions. One half of me felt like throwing up just at the mere sight of the blood, the other half of me was desperate to gulp down every last drop of the blood.

He had brought a gup for me to drink from. Unfortunately, it was clear. I wished he had thought of bringing a cup where I couldn't see what I was drinking. Well, it wouldn't have made too much of a difference anyhow.

It would still taste like blood. It would still have the thick consistency of blood. I would still enjoy it as much as the blood I drank last time.

He handed me the cup. "Drink up."

"God, I'll never get used to this."

"Just try not to over think it. Chug it quickly and wash it down with some water."

I noticed then that he hadn't just brought me blood but also a small bottle of water. That was very kind of him, I thought to myself.

I did as he said, connecting the cup to my lips and tilting the contents into my mouth. As I thought, it tasted amazing. It wasn't difficult to chug it down as Jisung had said to do.

Before I knew it, I had reached the end of the cup. I wanted more, and I hated that I wanted more. There was still some blood left in the bag that Jisung had brought. I knew I could ask for more and he would happily give it to me but...

"That wasn't too bad, was it?" He asked me, taking the cup from my grip and handing me the bottle of water.

I had washed my mouth out with the water, then brushed my teeth more thoroughly than I had ever done in my entire life, then rinsed with water three more times.

I didn't want to have the taste in my mouth any longer. It tasted too good and I was beginning to hate myself for thinking that.

When I had got the taste completely from my mouth, I got changed into some light blue jeans, a long sleeved t-shirt and a zip up pink hoodie. I brushed my dark hair, leaving it down, thinking I looked prettier with it down.

I wonder what Jisung would prefer...why am I thinking about that?

I sighed. I was definitely pretty, in a way. I had big eyes, tanned skin, and a cute smile with dimples. But just that. Whenever people complimented me (which wasn't often) it was always pretty I got called. Never beautiful, gorgeous, stunning etc.

Jisung wasn't just pretty, he was the most beautiful man I had ever seen in my entire life. He was flawless in every single way possible.

I sighed. I shouldn't think about things like this. Me and Jisung weren't dating, we weren't ever going to date. I imagined vampires and humans had never dated before, and even if he wanted to, would he be allowed?

He wouldn't choose me anyway. He could have his choice of any women, a supermodel if he liked, with looks like that.

"Hi..." Jisung trailed out slightly. He was leaning against the door frame of the bathroom, watching me.

I had opened the door after getting changed but I hadn't noticed him standing there. Was he there the whole time?

"Hi," I replied, awkwardly. "Do I...look okay?"

He didn't answer for a moment but then said, "You do."

That was all he said. I felt awkward now but what was I expecting? He wasn't exactly going to say I look beautiful.

"Well, let's go to the arcade!"

He smiled at me. God, he has a beautiful smile. "I feel like I'm a kid again."

"In a good way?"

"Yes, definitely in a good way. This was a good idea, Nat."

I blushed slightly, happy he liked my idea. At first, I had thought he was going to think it was a stupid idea but he genuinely seemed excited. I liked seeing him like this.

"Am I getting carried bridal style again?"

"Don't pretend you don't love it," He teased me, his smirk widening.

My heart fluttered. "I don't. I keep almost throwing up from the speed."

"Well, feel free to clutch onto me as tightly as you need to, darling."

I looked away from him. "I'd like to say I won't need to but...I probably will."

Without warning, I was scooped up in his arms and, by instinct, I grabbed onto his shirt tightly. I heard him laugh, with his chest heaving up and down slightly against my hand.

"Hold on tightly."

And with that, we zoomed off.

i have literally no excuse for why I haven't updated I just forgot wattpad existed

I know this is short but the next chapter is like 60% finished so it'll be out In maybe 2-3days?