Trip to Texas

July 2023

Oh my lawddd!! July is finally here and I bust through the door to get to my brother Amir's car.

A grin plastered on my face, opening the passenger side of my brother's car. I took a seat. I turned towards Amir with the same cheesy grin and sang loudly, "DREEAAAAMMM CONNNNNN!!!"

My brother covered his ears, scrunching his face up. I stopped and he put his hands away from his ears. "Did you really have to do allat Ni-Ni?"

I paused and put my right hand to my chin as if I was thinking. "Hmm let's see... YESSIRSKI!", I belted out the last phrase and crossed my hands on my chest, eyes closed as my head slightly lifted up from singing. Amir shook his hand and chuckled, "I see Jay is rubbing off on you". I laughed, "I guess so".

My flight is in three hours but those security lines be longer than Dashie's intro. I got out to pack my suitcases in the trunk and got in the passenger side once more. My brother put the car in drive and headed towards the airport. "You're really geeked about this huh?", My brother Amir asked me. "Hell yeah! I can't wait to meet all of my favorite content creators", I replied excitedly.

We arrived at the airport and Amir got my suitcases out the trunk. Amir and I said our final goodbyes and to call him when I land. I headed inside the airport and instantly seen Gina. "Gina!! What's good!", I greeted her. "Hey girl! Val went to the bathroom with her weak bladder self and Jay should be here soon", She said hugging me. Soon, I seen Val and greeted her. "Hey boo! I know y'all see that long ass line", Val greeted me sighing. "Yeah we just waiting on Jay slow self then we make our way there" , Gina said looking at her phone.

Jay arrived and we made our way to the security line. Once we got checked, we waited in the waiting area for our flight to be called. Some random man tried to flirt with me. "Hey lil mama, lemme get you a four for four at Wendy's", He said. I rolled my eyes and replied, " No thanks I'm good". He smacked his teeth and said, "You sure, you look like you could eat". Gina intervened, "Yeah she good dusty! Worry about the lint and dust balls on your shirt instead". The man scoffed and then walked away. "Thanks Gina!" I said. Gina smiled, " No problem, you ain't for these dusty men".

An hour later, our flight got called. We went to the line to board on our plane. We got in the plane and sat next to each other. We were playing on our phones until the pilot announced it was time for takeoff. Texas here I come!

A few hours later, we arrive in Texas. I texted my brother Amir that I landed. The girls and I got out of the plane. "Okay Texas!", Jay said excitedly and starts twerking. "Here Jay go being ratchet and we haven't even been in Texas for a minute!", Gina said shaking her head. Val and I laughed. "Cheer up Gina! Now let's pick up our car", I said motioning the girls to come. I picked up the car, which is a 2022 black Chevy Tahoe.

The hotel was five minutes from the airport which was good. We arrived at the hotel and stated our reservations. The receptionist gave us our key cards and welcomed us to Texas. I accessed my room and I was in awe. It was beautiful. This is gonna be good.

Ni-Ni: My room is beautiful! Can't wait for tomorrow

Ni-Ni: My room is beautiful! Can't wait for tomorrow. *sends pic above*

Gina: Bruh yess!! But I'm hungry. Takeout?

Jayy: Yes girl!! Let's go get some food from Outback
Val and Gina loved Jayy's message

Ni-Ni: I'm down

We got food from Outback and hung out in my room for a little bit. I let Amir know I was in the hotel and got something to eat. "Alright, go to bed y'all! Dreamcon tomorrow", I announced. The girls nodded and headed out my room. I got ready for bed and fell into a deep slumber, fantasizing about Cory. I'm finally gonna meet him.