Over My Mind

Cory's POV

I checked the news. Yeah, well, now it's eighteen, I thought as I looked at my two new victims, who were bound in chairs with duck tape around their mouths. As I stare at them menacingly, their eyes are filled with terror and distress. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these two yet. Do I... draw the katana? What about the gun? Acid? Immerse them in water? So many ideas...

Yet little time to execute.

Niarra's POV

I woke up from my nap and looked at the time. It read 7:42 P.M. My phone started ringing and I looked to see it was Cory. I picked up. "Hey Ni-Ni, how was it? Spooky Scary Sunday?", Cory said. "It's cool but I loved the lore behind it. With you and Edward Norton", I replied. "Oh yeah, what about it?", He asked. "Well I do have an unpopular opinion that everyone's not gonna agree with", I said. "I'm all ears", He said. "Well, Cory I think you're the true villain because you killed a whole family for their house and then framed Edward when he was trying to do you a favor", I sighed, "I think Edward was justified in what he did to you". Cory was silent for a minute. "Oh wow! So I'm the villain huh? You're right, but you do know you're the accessory right?" Cory commented. We both laughed. "Yeah yeah but don't worry Shogun, I know you did it for us", I said. "Yup, well I gotta go. It's always nice to talk to you Ni-Ni, I love you", Cory said to me. "I love you too Cory, have a good night", I said to him. Cory smiled and then hung up. I put my phone down and got ready for bed.

I got a weird feeling about those missing people. I had a dream that Cory was kidnapping people and asked me to help him. Cory would never... would he? I dismissed the thought and dream. Probably just a weird dream. I turned on my Switch and played some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online. After a few races, I switched to playing Mario Party Superstars and played some mini games. I checked the time and it was 10:10 P.M. Time for bed. I turned off my Switch, set my alarm, and laid down.

I woke up at 6:30 A.M to my alarm, which was the song "Fantasy" by Meiko Nakahara. I shut off my alarm and got up. I made my way over to the living room and switched on the tv. Next, I went to the kitchen and made some bagels with cream cheese and salmon locks and cut up fruit to go with it. I poured the orange juice and told Val that breakfast is ready. Val came out her room and sat down. "Good morning Ni-Ni, thank you for making breakfast", She greeted me. I nodded my head and we ate. 

I cleaned the dishes, and as I was making my way to my room, I overheard something that caused me to stop in my tracks. "There are currently 18 people missing. This morning, two missing persons reports were made about fifteen minutes ago. Call this number if you know anything about these people ", The same number from last night appears on the screen after the reporter made the announcement. Eighteen people?! There must be a group of people responsible for this. There is no way one person could abduct eighteen people in a single month- Let alone get away with it for so long! I went to my room and got ready.

I ended up wearing a emerald long sleeved shirt with the sleeve starting below the shoulder, emerald skirt that goes to my knees, black tights, and white boots. I paired this look with my twists being in a high ponytail, silver hoop earrings, and a silver bracelet. I took pictures and uploaded them to Instagram. My friends commented. 'My girl look good! All day erryday 😍💯' , Jay said. 'Ni 😍', Gina commented. 'My girl stuntin on them 🔥🔥', Cory commented. I liked all of their comments and left with Val.

"You heard about the eighteen people missing? That's crazy!" , Val said while we were in the car. I nodded my head, "Yeah, I just hope they get found. I wanna do whatever it takes to save them if I can". Val sighed, "Ni-Ni you've always been the hero type of character, but what if you get involved and end up dead? You don't know what they're capable of. Leave this to the police". I shook my head. "Alright, but I been having weird feelings like I know who's behind these missing people", I said. "Really? Who you feel it is?" , Val asked curiously. "I feel like it's Cory. But... he wouldn't do that. I had a dream Cory was kidnapping people and wanted me to help. I mean, he joked around in his SSS video that he was a killer so maybe that's where it comes from", I responded. Val nodded. "Yeah, he does joke about that. It could be you were associating him with being a killer in your dream and it's actually somebody else. And you two are really close, so of course your dreams will do that sometimes", Val said. "Yeah you're right", I said parking the car, "But lets get to class". Val and I got out the car and headed to our classes.