𝙸𝚅: 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚍 , 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

OLVIAS HEAD COULDN'T STOP SPINNING . Not in a dizzying way or in a "my head hurts" kind of way.

The kind of way when someone just told you that you and your best friends have been dead for twenty-five freaking years.

Olivia let out a sigh of expiration and sank onto the couch while taking off her jacket. She leaned back to stare at the ceiling while thoughts ran through her head as if running a marathon.

She could hear the guys walking around the room, probably exploring the new garage a little, sometimes hearing a few notes here and there from the guitars and the piano.

"Jeez, twenty-five years. Can you believe it?" she heard Reggie ask, her eyes still trained on the ceiling.

" Guys, we're supposed to be 44 or something right now. We probably all have kids by now," Alex cried.

Olivia couldn't be bothered to look away from the ceiling as she heard the couch dip a little beside her, indicating that someone was sitting beside her.

The faint smell of cinnamon and pine wafted through her nostrils as she smiled a little. "What do you want, Luke?"

She heard Luke shuffle closer to her as she finally shifted her head, so now she was staring at the hazel-eyed boy.

Luke's hair was slightly messy and he had a dopey smile on his face. "How'd you know it was me?" he asked, causing Olivia to smile and roll her eyes.

"Please, I've hung out with you boys so much I can tell who's who just by smelling your jackets, and trust me, you don't wanna do that," she said, crinkling her nose slightly, causing Luke's smile to widen.

One of his favorite things about Olivia was her nose scrunch.

Olivia turned to her side so she was fully facing Luke. Their legs crisscrossed as their knees touched.

Luke looked at her with soft eyes as he asked, "How are you doing? With all this, being dead for twenty-five years thing?" He scanned her face for any sort of emotion, but unlike usual, he couldn't read her.

"Honestly? I'm kinda scared and confused? I mean, twenty-five years! God, we missed so much, like going to college, the Orpheum-Oh my gods! The Hawaii trip, we're never gonna do the Hawaii trip," Olivia rambled, but Luke just gazed at the girl like she was the only thing that ever mattered.

Obviously, this didn't go unnoticed by Alex as he watched his best friend stare at his little sister with such admiration.

He was glad to know that if ever the day came, Luke would be there for his sister when he couldn't be.

Olivia sighed as she laid back on the couch staring into space. "All I'm concerned about right now is my parents," she thought out loud, causing Luke to visibly tense up and Olivia's eyes to widen as she scrambled to sit up.

"Luke, oh God, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up so casually-"

"No, no, it's ok, we're talking about your parents, not mine."

Luke offered a sad smile as Olivia frowned. She sat there quietly for a minute before speaking up again.

"You know, I bet your parents miss you as much as you miss them, especially your mom," she whispered softly as she placed her hand over his, warmth immediately flooding both their senses at the touch.

Luke nodded slightly while fully taking her hand in his "I know, I know, I don't want to talk about them right now. Is that ok?" Luke asked lowly as Olivia squeezed his hand, giving him a sympathetic nod.