𝚇𝚅: 𝙰 𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚊𝚕𝚝

"OK HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?"

"Reggie, we aren't doing any country songs!"

Ever since Julie had agreed to join the band, Luke with the help of Olivia had been spending the past few days coming up with and smoothening out melodies for old Sunset Curve songs they never go to record or perform.

Olivia would help tweak the lyrics here and there and compose the melody in a way that fitted Julie's range beautifully.

Olivia and Luke both sat by the piano together, Olivia playing a soft melody on the keys while Luke accompanied her on his guitar.

Yesterday the 2 ghosts and Julie finished writing "Great", an old Sunset Curve song draft they had discarded because they never got the time to finish it.

They also helped Julie to finish a song her mom had written halfway before she passed away, so they decided to name it "Stand Tall".

Right now the 2 ghosts were working hard at making good bridges and riffs for a new song, "Finally Free", as Olivia scrunched her eyebrows in concentration, trying to get the correct and suitable chords down for the chorus, Luke snatched away the book she was looking at and started scribbling in it.

"Hey! I was using that" the girl pouted, Luke chuckled as he scribbled a few more notes onto the book and quickly placed it down on the piano holder.

"Ok I changed some of the chords, give it a try." Olivia nodded while pressing the keys softly, the melody flowed through the air as the girl started to sing.

"Not till eternity, hands up if you believe. Been so long and now I'm finally free!" the girl belted with ease and Luke let out a whoop.

"Yes! See, this is perfect for Julie." Luke exclaimed and went back to change to notes for all the chorus.

Julie this, Julie that. That was all Luke talked about all weekend, and not that the girl had anything against it.

She loved helping the girl and she too thought the song was perfect for her but it was as if ever since Julie joined the band, he had been focused on nothing else but Julie.

His new obsession with the young Latino was getting more annoying by the day. He just wouldn't shut up about her.

"Yeah, so perfect for Julie. We should just let her be the only one to sing all our songs from now on." she snapped at him slightly, immediately cringing at the jealous person she'd become.

Snap out of it, if Luke wants to be obsessed let him be obsessed. You will not turn into those girls back in high school, remember you like Julie Olivia, the girl thought to herself.

But Luke barely noticed her snapping at him, instead, he was furiously scribbling small notes all over the page and Olivia just sighed, going back to working on the bridge of the song.

Not a few minutes later, Julie walks into the garage holding a piece of paper and waved it at them

"I have a surprise." The girl said with a bright smile.

Olivia noticed that ever since she told Flynn about them, the young Latino was much more carefree and herself.

She was glad, she loved that she was finally allowing herself to get back into music after her mom's death.

Julie handed the flier to Reggie as he joined Olivia and Luke at the piano. Luke walked around the piano so that she was not beside Reggie, Olivia still seated on the piano bench.

"We're playing a school dance? Sweet !" Reggie beamed.

"It's not exactly the Strip," Luke said, eyeing the flier warily.