𝚅𝙸: 𝙼𝚛 𝚃𝚘𝚙 𝙷𝚊𝚝

AS THE SUNSET KISSED INTO THE NIGHT, the dark sky painted a beautiful canvas of dark blue and black,4 ghosts were in their studio getting the rest they deserved.

Reggie immediately ran into the bathroom for the shower he wanted and Olivia had no idea where Alex was in the garage and she didn't care.

The younger Mercer sibling lay on the couch with one of the woolen blankets pulled over her legs, her white jacket discarded on the coffee table.

She closed her eyes and placed one arm over her face before letting out a sigh. She didn't realize ghosts could get so tired so easily.

Before she could even think about going to sleep, she felt the couch dip near her head and snapped her eyes open to see hazel eyes gazing down at her, a small smile dancing on Luke's face.

She tried to sit up, but Luke shook his head before gently shifting her up, so her head was laying on his lap as he gently braided her hair.

Luke never told anyone this, but once in their sophomore year, Luke and Olivia were doing some songwriting in the garage while Bobby and Alex went out to get dinner and Reggie was at home.

Olivia tried to re-braid her hair since it was getting everywhere, but she was never good at doing it by herself without a mirror.

That night, Luke asked Olivia to teach him how to braid hair, and now Luke knew all kinds of braids and patterns for hair. He gently weaved Olivia's hair into a French braid as Olivia closed her eyes peacefully.

This, this was bliss.

As Luke continued to braid her hair , Olivia asked "how are you feeling ", she peeled her eyes open and her baby blue irises stared into his hazel ones .

Luke gave her a smile as his eyes went back to braiding her hair

" what do you mean ?" he responded .

Olivia shrugged , "well i mean i haven't really heard you talk about the whole ghost thing and now we find out that people can hear us play , i mean it must be alot for you" the girl said gently.

Luke felt like he could stay in this position forever, just hearing her talk with her head in his lap and braiding her hair. He shook his head while his fingers braided her long hair slowly.

"I mean, yeah, I guess it's a lot, and the whole dead part really does suck, but Ol people can still hear us play. This means Sunset Curve isn't over yet, we can still do this thing," the boy said with a smile in his voice, causing her to smile.

Luke took the hairband around his wrist and tied off the girl's braid.

Luke would never admit it to anyone, but the hair tie he always had around his wrist wasn't really for him, even though he used it from time to time, it was always for Olivia in case she needed it.

The girl sat up and felt the braid, her hands brushing over his handiwork as a smile grew on her face as she looked at the boy.

"Thanks, I love it. Your braiding has gotten much better i must say , you used to suck" she giggled as Luke held a hand to his heart in mock hurt

"how dare you , my braiding never sucked" the blonde raised a brow as Luke blushed slightly

"Ok, maybe I did suck," he mumbled as the girl laughed.

She sat up beside him, their shoulders touching each other as her legs were pulled up to her chest. Luke looked over at her.

"What about you?" he asked.

"Are you OK?"

Olivia frowned slightly in confusion but a smile still remained on her face. "What do you mean, of course I'm ok-well okay as a ghost can ever be," she said lightly.