R&F - 01

-------------------------

It was past 9 AM when Leni arrived at their building. She woke up late this morning because she and her friends had their weekend shots last night.

Because she was in a hurry, she didn't bother parking her car in the parking lot and decided to leave her car at the main building. Before exiting her car, her eyes caught Kayce, her secretary who is now handling a cup of creme frappuccino that made her smile because she knew that the coffee was only for her.

She reached for her bag and belongings before closing her car. And because she is Leni, there's no way she won't wear her sunglasses that really look good on her tux.

"You know the building in Taguig we ordered last year, Ma'am?" The first thing Kayce told her after handling her coffee and getting her suitcase.

"Won't you let me sit down first? What is that again?" They entered the building and her staffs started to greet Leni and pull themselves to give her a way.

"The report said that they experienced a leakage outbreak" She pressed the 28th floor before facing Kayce.

"A leakage?"

"Yes, because it poured the day before. The drains are designed to bear rain of 100ml per hour. but it poured over 120ml per hour so they couldn't endure it and the water leaked. Now, the building owner wants to file a suit." Kayce was kind of hesitant before mentioning the last words.

"Against whom?"

Her secretary wasn't able to answer her question because the elevator door opened indicating that they reached the 28th floor.

"Please go to the meeting of Reigo Company instead of me" Leni ordered one of her staff, who was the first person she saw upon entering the office. The employee nodded and left with no choice after Leni turned to the right part of the office.

"Is that person suing the sky for pouring 120ml per hour? Or the global warming that changed Philippine's weather into a subtropical climate?" Leni asked her sarcastically and then drink her coffee.

"Or the subcontractor who used smaller drains ignoring our blueprints?" She continued

"Ma-"

"If not, it is us who warned numerous times that the smaller drains won't do?" She stopped walking and turn her gaze to Kayce before removing her sunglasses.

"Siguro po-"

"It's global warming isn't it?" She said proudly while raising her eyebrows.

"Ma'am the-" Kayce wasn't able to continue her speech because Leni left her standing there so she just scratch her head out of morning frustrations.

Leni entered the main employee's room and there she saw the busy circle of people doing their job. Some greeted her and she smiled back.

"Ma'am!" One employee called her that made her turn around

"This is the contract with Mrs. Sanchez" Leni took the file from her hand and continued walking without looking back, the staff bowed her head before leaving.

"Good morning, Ma'am! There is a call from Mr. Timoteo on the site. He says you didn't answer your phone."

"Did you say I'm here?"

"Sabi po niya, 'wag daw po kitang respetuhin kapag sinabi mong 'did you say I'm here?' " The staff said shyly and in a very low voice but enough for Leni to hear.