Along Came A Spider - Mike

Pairings: Mike McLusky x OFC (Brooke), Mike McLusky x Iris (one-sided)

Plot summary: Brooke gets an unexpected visit from Mike at the female prison who is there with a proposition for her; bringing order and justice to Kingstown's prison and criminal system once and for all.

Faceclaim for Brooke: Hailee Steinfeld.

Warnings: Fluff, angst, a bit of smut, mentions of rape & murder.

------------------------------

Kingstown's only female prison was different to the male prison once across town. It was more orderly and collected and didn't need any beatings to the female prisoners.

This is because the main prison guard and the one in charge was quite harsh when it came to punishments. Her name was Ms. Brooke Murphy.

Brooke was in her office, signing some paperwork and replying to her emails until she got an unexpected phone call.

"Hello? There is someone here to see me? Wait, a power broker? Of course, take him to my office."

She hung up the phone call as she stood up and dusted off her black trousers. She let the power broker to avoid the obvious rule of knocking on her door before entering her office.

She could hear the jeering from the prisoners as she thought that the visitor was walking past the cells to get to her office.

Just then, the door opened and in came the most handsome man she has ever seen.

Short dark brown hair, dark blue-green eyes, a navy suit and tie, must be in his 50s? and... loads of bruises and cuts?!

"The name's Mike McLusky. I'm the power broker here in Kingstown. May I sit down?" Mike said to Brooke.

"Of course, Mr McLusky." She gestured to the seat opposite her as Mike closed the door behind him and sat down in said chair.

"Please call me Mike. Mr McLusky was my father. I'm surprised I haven't visited this prison in the years I have done this kind of work." Mike remarked.

"Probably because in this prison, we have had no problems." Brooke explained. "Unlike the other one."

Mike sighed and leaned back in the chair.

"Yes. Unlike the other one. That's why I'm here actually, Ms. Murphy." Mike said before continuing, "I need your help. I've heard you're good at keeping order around this prison."

"Please Mike. Call me Brooke. And yes, I guess you can say I keep the order around here..."

"Yes, anyways... you can help me with the other prison." He suggested, but Brooke stopped him before he could say anything.