Redbone - Mike

Plot summary: Y/n is Mike's assistant and she used to "work" for Milo Sunter.

As they entered Mike's spacious office, adorned with mementos of his political triumphs and reminders of the city's struggles, Y/n discreetly closed the door behind them

As they entered Mike's spacious office, adorned with mementos of his political triumphs and reminders of the city's struggles, Y/n discreetly closed the door behind them. She moved with an agile grace, her steps barely audible on the polished hardwood floor.

"Mike, we've received a report about a potential gang war brewing on the south side," Y/n began, her voice firm yet laced with an underlying concern. She reached for her notepad, ready to provide him with the details.

Mike turned to face her, his expression grave. "Another one? It seems like we can't catch a break. We'll have to address this immediately. Gather the team, Y/n. I want them ready for action."

Nodding, Y/n jotted down the order, her pen gliding across the paper with practiced ease. "Consider it done, Mike. I'll assemble the crew and make sure they're well-prepared."

As she turned to leave, Mike's voice halted her in her tracks. "Y/n, I want you to be careful out there. This city can be ruthless, and I can't afford to lose you."

A flicker of vulnerability passed through Y/n's eyes, but she quickly composed herself. "Don't worry, Mike. I've been in tougher situations. I know how to take care of myself."

Mike's concern was evident, but he couldn't let his emotions cloud his judgement. He admired Y/n's strength and independence, but he also knew the risks she faced every day. He couldn't deny the growing affection he felt for her, but he couldn't let it compromise their working relationship.

"Be that as it may, Y/n, I won't take any chances with your safety. This city needs you. We need you," Mike asserted, his voice filled with a mixture of gratitude and protectiveness.

Y/n met his gaze, her eyes gleaming with unwavering determination. "I won't let you down, Mike. I'll protect this city with everything I have."

Their unspoken connection hung in the air, each of them aware of the unspoken desires that lay beneath the surface. They shared a bond forged through countless trials and battles, a silent understanding of the sacrifices they made for Kingstown.

As Y/n stepped out of the office, she couldn't help but wonder if one day, the lines between duty and desire would blur, leading them both into uncharted territory. Until then, she remained steadfast, a fighter and protector in the shadows, ready to defend her city and the man she loved, even if he didn't know it yet.

 Until then, she remained steadfast, a fighter and protector in the shadows, ready to defend her city and the man she loved, even if he didn't know it yet