About Damn Time - Jeremy

Pairing: Jeremy Renner x female reader

Prompt(s): "Your taste in men is horrible." | "Is this the moment that we kiss?"

Summary: The reader is on Tinder and Jeremy disapproves of her choice in men and women. he then "jokingly" suggests the two of them getting together instead.

Author's note: Prompts will be bold, it will be in 2nd person POV and you are 28 years old for the sake of this fic.

--------------------

Jeremy was walking past the living room and briefly saw you, on the sofa. You were curdled up in a ball, phone in hand. His head then peeked around the corner. What you were doing certainly peaked his interest. He walked into the room, his eyes still looking at you.

"What are you doing?" Jeremy asked you, standing literally in front of you.

"None of your business." You replied, putting your phone close to your chest.

"Y/n." He said sternly, putting his hands on his hips. "I'm your friend. I am concerned for your safety on the internet. Tell me what you're doing."

"You're just nosy, that's all. So, no."

You switched off your phone and placed it on the side table. You saw Jeremy eyeing it up and after a moment, he picked it up.

"You can try and unlock it. You don't even know my pass -" But it was too late. Jeremy already unlocked it. "--how?"

"Cause' you told me it, just in case of emergencies?" Jeremy replied, smirking. "You have Tinder? Since when?"

You huffed as you replied, "Last week."

You watched as he looked at your phone.

"Jeremy... please don't! What you are doing is invading someone's privacy!"

"Your taste in men is horrible." Jeremy said, ignoring what you just said.

"Men? You know there are some women on the app as well." You replied.

"Oh? So you're confessing your sexuality now?" Jeremy raised his eyebrows.

"So? Don't deny you having sexual attraction towards men."-

Jeremy chuckled with laughter.

"Me? Yeah right."

You tilted your head, knowing fully well about his interactions with Paul Rudd. Those moments clearly show that Jeremy was interested in him.

"What..?"

You cleared your throat as you began to say, "What about Paul?"

"What about Paul?" He repeated.

"Those little interactions do not go through me like any other Marvel fan watching those interviews. You guys were clearly flirting with each other." You smirked.

"We weren't flirting with each other! God Y/n!" Jeremy sighed. "Anyways, we're getting off-topic. Since when were you interested in dating douchebags on Tinder?"

"Not all of them are douchebags, Jeremy!"

Jeremy sat down beside you and handed you back your phone.

"Y/n. I have been on Tinder and many other dating apps just like this. And all of the people on them are either really horny or.. a douchebag." Jeremy explained.

"So you admit to chatting with guys then?" Y/n replied, clearly trying to change the subject.

"Y/n! Stop trying to change the fuckin' subject! All I want to know is.. Why Tinder? There are loads of guys out there who don't use dating apps and are really compassionate and possibly not catfishing you. Cause to be honest, most of them are."

"When were you so interested in my love life?"

"When were you interested in what my sexuality was?" Jeremy retaliated.

"Since Endgame." You simply said.

Jeremy rolled his eyes. "I'm just... worried, that's all."

"Jeremy. I'm 28 years old. I'm a full grown-ass adult. I can make my own decisions. You don't have to worry about me all the time."

"You know what you should do instead of going on Tinder?" Jeremy suggested.

You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Go on.." You muttered.

"You should go out with me." He smiled at you as he suggested the idea.

You sniggered at the thought. "Me and you? Yeah right!"

Jeremy was not expecting that reaction. He made his iconic resting bitch face to show that he was not joking.

You noticed his resting face as you stopped laughing out loud.

"Oh! You were being serious?"

"Well duh! I don't joke around with that kind of stuff." Jeremy said.

"Wait.. so you think we should be together? What made you think that?" You asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, we already know each other, so that leaves out the awkward silences." Jeremy shrugged. "Also, I think you're quite attractive."

"Yeah.. right. You are WAY out of my league. You're way more attractive than me." You said back to him.

"Then how come I haven't met anyone else since I met you then, huh? Explain that."

"How can I? I'm not you!" You snickered.

Jeremy sighed. "All I'm saying is I don't care if I'm out of your league, I like you." He confessed to you finally.

Awkward silence.

"You.. like me?" You hesitated.

"Well.. yeah." Jeremy shrugged his shoulders.

You looked at him with a twinkle in your eyes.

"Is this the moment where we kiss?" You whispered softly. "I'm not sure if it's the right moment or not..."

Jeremy just smiled at you and leaned in slowly.

His soft but chapped lips touched your delicate and plump ones. The kiss only lasted a few minutes before you pulled away from him.

"That was... wow." That was all you could say at that moment as you looked into Jeremy's crystal blue-green eyes.