I'm Just Ken - Jeremy

Pairing: Jeremy Renner x female reader

Plot summary: After Jeremy and Ava went to watch Barbie, and you get back from grocery shopping, you hear a certain song blasting on Jeremy's playlist once you get back home...

Word count: 688 words

Warnings: Fluff, just fluff.

Author's note: I watched Barbie at the cinema and I absolutely loved it! I feel like Ava would drag Jeremy along to watch Barbie with her, and I stand by that. Also Jeremy is definitely a Ken, and I would think he would play Ken if it didn't go to Ryan 😂. So enjoy this short drabble I just wrote!

- - - - - - -

As you get back home from a busy day of grocery shopping, you closed the door to the house you share with your boyfriend, Jeremy and his daughter Ava. You tried to carry two full bags through the front door as you call out to the two of them.

"Hey! I'm back!" You heard Ava run from her room towards the front door as she went up to you, helping you with the shopping, taking the lighter bag out of the two for you. "Thank you Ava. Now, where's your dad?" You ask him, as Ava smiled and pointed at his music studio.

You nodded back, thanking her before you both made your way to the kitchen. "How was Barbie, Ava?" You continued to ask her, you didn't go with her as you already seen it with your best friend y/bf/n, so Ava dragged Jeremy to go and see it instead.

"It was amazing! Daddy got me a Barbie and Ken doll afterwards! Can you play with me later?" Ava excitingly said to you, slightly jumping up and down.

"Of course, you go up to your room and prepare our playdate whilst I'll go and surprise your dad, okay?"

Ava nodded again as she rushed back to her room to get the dolls. In the meantime, putting away everything only took a few minutes, and that gave you time to check in on Jeremy. You knew he was currently making music because of two reasons: the first one being obvious as in his accident earlier that year, and the other reason being the writer strikes going on right now.

You slowly walk towards the music studio, and your ears pricked up like a dog as you heard a familiar song going on behind the door. Is that...? You quietly opened the door and the song became more clearer as 'I'm Just Ken' by Ryan Gosling – that was in the Barbie movie – was playing through Jeremy's speakers.

And he was singing along to it.

'Did this mean that he liked the movie then?' You thought to yourself as you sneaked up behind him. You have always adored his singing voice, even before your relationship with him and you made that clear on your first date.

'Cause I'm just Ken

Anywhere else I'd be a ten

Is it my destiny to live and die a life of blonde fragility?

"Hey Ken!" You teased him as you tapped him on the shoulder, which made him jump slightly and turned around to face you.
"Oh my God Y/n! Don't sneak up on me like that!" He retorted at you, sighing with relief to find out it was you who sneaked up on him.

You just laughed.

"I just got back from shopping and Ava told me you would be in here." You explained to him as you noticed that he was wearing some Barbie merch, more specifically the 'I'm Just Kenough' shirt that Ryan Gosling wore in the movie.

"Did you enjoy the movie then?" You asked him, trying not to laugh as you snigger to yourself.
"I did actually." Jeremy said proudly.

"Y'know... you could've been in that movie as Ken. I mean, you've got a good enough singing voice." You suggested to him with a smile.
"Yes, but Ryan is more attractive than me..."

You snigger as you playfully push him. "That is not true, you know that! Would you do it though, if Scarlett was Barbie?" You ask him with a slight smirk on your face.

Jeremy smirked back as he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer towards him. "I would've done it either way." He simply said, just before kissing you softly on the lips and you wrapped your arms around his neck.

You were only slightly shorter than Jeremy, so you had to get on your tip-toes to kiss him.

"You're my Barbie, y'know that right?" Jeremy said to you, with a smile on his face.

"Yeah I know that..." You laugh at him, a smile on your face as well and both of your foreheads together. "And you're my Ken."