Better Days - Jeremy

Summary: You and Jeremy are spending quality time in quarantine. On Zoom as you cannot see each other and it's your birthday.

 On Zoom as you cannot see each other and it's your birthday

"That is no excuse for bad grammar Jeremy. Especially in a letter!" You complained to him.

Jeremy was currently filming his Disney + series in New York as you were stuck in y/h/t. Due to the pandemic, you had to social distance and isolate at home, so that means you couldn't see your friend, Jeremy.

"I guess I thought I was writing a text message." He replied.

"You put a double negative in it!" 

"And I was trying to subtly avoid it..."

You were trying to be annoyed with him but his smile made you laugh. He still had his makeup on, with his fake blood and plasters.

"Anyways, happy birthday!" 

"I thought you forgot." 

"What? I would never forget your birthday, you know that right? You're my best friend." 

"Yeah..." You mumbled under your breath.

Best friend. Just best friends?

What he didn't know is that you had a crush on him. Ever since you met him. But he friendzoned you. That made you downhearted but you lived up to it. I guess he wasn't ready for anything after his divorce. And he had to start thinking about his daughter, which you loved hanging out with.

"I got you something though. Wait there." Jeremy exclaimed before leaving the screen.

After a moment, he came onto the screen with a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates. You were surprised at the sudden gesture.

"Those are for me?" You beamed. 

"Yep. Happy birthday Y/n!" He smiled at you. "I'll get them delivered to you as soon as possible." "Why did you get me them?" 

"Well, I haven't been truthful to you. When I said you're my best friend. You're not."

You were confused. But he literally said 'You're my best friend' to you.

"I love you Y/n. And I'm telling you the truth this time. I wasn't ready then, but now I am. Will you go out with me? On a virtual date?" Jeremy confessed, blushing and chuckling nervously.

You also blushed and covered your face in embarrassment. He loved you. And you loved him back.

"Of course I will." You smiled at him.