Ch. 27 - Don't

*Luke's P.O.V*

When I'd woken up to a text from Michael saying he thought he was going to hurt himself, I tried to stop him, but when he wouldn't answer his phone, I started to panic.

I wasn't completely worried, I thought "He'll be okay, I'll go clean him up and then keep him company all day".

When I got to his house, the only thing his mum was worried about was the fact that she was late for work, she didn't know anything was wrong with Michael, so I thought that maybe he really was okay.

I thought that when I found him, I'd just have a few cuts to clean up like the other day. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the plethora of blood he was covered in.

I tried to tell myself that it wasn't so bad, I could clean this up and he'd be fine... The closer I looked and the deeper I noticed the cuts were, they're I stared to panic.

I clean him up as much as I could and wrapped his arms with bandages, trying to tighten them more than I usually would. I went to go get him a clean shirt, "He'll be okay, He'll be okay" I told myself.

When I returned, I noticed that the blood was quickly seeping though the bandages and Michael was starting to go really pale. Again, I tried to tell myself that he was okay.

I had pointed out the blood seeping through the bandages to Michael and he seemed completely perplexed by it.

As I helped him into his clean shirt, I had to come to terms with the fact that Michael was very much not okay. He was losing his focus and his head was starting to droop.

I'd asked him if he was okay because he was looking a little pale. He couldn't focus enough to respond, he just stared at me in slight confusion.

That was when I really started to panic, he's losing too much blood. I checked his pulse- I don't know why, I just did- and it was starting to slow down.

Without the slightest bit of hesitation, I picked Michael up and carried him out to my car, thankful for the fact that I had driven myself here, despite not being aloud to.

He kept mumbling my name over and over, like he was trying to cry out for help but couldn't. When we got in the car he looked at me through half shut eyes and said "I don't want to die".

My heart shattered into a million pieces. "I'm not going to let you" I tell him, "Got it?!". His eyes started to shut and I leaned over and pressed a kiss to his lips before driving off quickly.

When I turned to him a few seconds later, he had passed out. "Focus, Luke" I told myself calmly. I tried to wake Michael up but to no avail.

The closer I got to the hospital, the more my vision started to blur with tears. I was starting to get worried that I would crash. Luckily I didn't though.

"If I crash, he'll die" I kept telling myself. "Michael, please wake up!" I'd beg, shaking him every time I stopped at a red light.

It's about a ten minute drive from Michael's house to the hospital, but it seemed as if it had taken hours to get there.

I had parked as close to the emergency entrance as I could before jumping out of the car and rushing Michael inside.

Michael was taken from me instantly, and when I was asked what had happened all I could say through my crying was "He didn't mean to do it, he doesn't want to die". They took him away and told me to sit in the waiting area, where I was then asked for his details so they could call his mother.

"Oh, Luke, hun" Karen had said worriedly when she finally arrived. She quickly went to tell someone that she had arrived before sitting down with me and letting me cry on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" I mumbled against her shoulder as I tried to calm down.

"Shh-Shh-Shhh, it's not your fault" was all she had said as she gave me a comforting squeeze.

"He doesn't want to die" I choked out, "He told me before he passed out".

It's been half an hour since Karen arrived and we have not had any news on Michael. I'm getting more and more scared as each second passes.