Ch. 18 - Hold On

*Luke's P.O.V*

If I said I wasn't worried about Michael, I'd be lying... I'm extremely worried about him.

I want him to be happy, but I don't know how to make him happy... Really happy... Like unbroken happy.

I think he's too far gone to ever be unbroken happy though... But I won't give up on him.

When I reach his house, I'm completely out of breath. I take a moment to catch my breath before knocking on the door.

I'm still trying to steady my breathing when the door opens. I try to look straight up into his eyes, but the blood covering his arms catch my attention first.

"Michael" I say softly as I walk inside and watch him close the door again. "Do you feel better now?" I ask calmly.

He looks down at his feet in shame.

"Michael, do you feel better now? Just a little bit even?" I ask.

He nods slightly.

"It's okay" I whisper before giving him a soft kiss. "Now, let's clean you up so we can cuddle" I tell him.

Michael leads me into the bathroom and hands me a wash cloth. I quickly but carefully clean him up and bandage his arms.

"Do you want to go watch a movie?" I ask as we walk out of the bathroom.

He gives me a small nod and leads me into the lounge room. Michael must know exactly what movie he wants to watch, because he walks straight over to the DVDs and starts flipping through them.

When he finds the disc he's looking for, he turns to show it to me, with a look on his face that says 'please, can we watch this?'. It was Frozen.

"We can watch that, Mikey" I say, smiling at him.

He smiles excitedly and sticks the disc in the player before turning the TV on.

Once we're finally sitting on the couch, waiting for the movie to start, I shower him in kisses before pulling him closer so we could cuddle.

Michael is laying on top of me, which is fine, but he's gripping into my shoulders like he thinks I'm going to leave him.

"Hey, it's alright, just relax, I'm not leaving" I tell him, running my fingers through his hair.

He relaxes instantly, focusing his attention to the movie as it finally starts.