Ch. 24 - 3am Wake Up Call

"Luke? It's 3am, what's wrong?" I ask in confusion, rubbing my eyes before glancing around the room in darkness, phone pressed against my ear.

"I need cuddles" he sniffs quietly.

"At 3am? Luke, why are you even awake? It's a school night" I say, pulling myself out of bed and slowly stumbling over to the light switch.

"I was finishing Looking For Alaska" he tells me, "And now I need cuddles".

"What? Do you expect me to walk all the way to your house?" I ask.

"No" he sniffs, "I expect you to open the door for me".

"What?" I ask in disbelief as I run over to my window. I look out and see Luke walking down my driveway towards the house. "Luke, it's chilly outside tonight, why aren't you wearing a jacket?!" I ask as I shoot out of my room and start searching for the house keys in complete darkness.

"I didn't think of bringing one" he mumbles.

"You're going to get a cold" I sigh as I finally find the keys.

As I unlock the door, I end the call and shove my phone in my pocket. Even in the darkness, when I open the door, I can see Luke's tear stained face smiling weakly at me.

I pull him inside, lock the door and pull him in for a hug, all within a few seconds.

"Ahh, you're nice and warm" Luke sighs in content, snuggling up against my chest.

"Isn't your mum going to worry when she finds out you're gone?" I ask in confusion as I lead Luke towards my bedroom.

"I taped a note to my door saying I was over here" he tells me.

"Of course you did" I laugh.

We make our way to my bed and snuggle up together. It doesn't take long before the both of us are fast asleep.

When I wake up, it's to the sound of my mother knocking on the door. "Wake up, Michael! You're going to be late for-" she says, stoping mid-sentence when she sees Luke snuggled up to me.

"Long story" I mumble, blinking quickly from the sting of the sunlight shining through my window.

"Is he alright?" She asks, walking over to my bed, "He looks a little ill".

"He walked here in the freezing cold, he might have a cold" I say, glancing down at his pale face.

"Oh dear" mum sighs. "Look, I'll call work and tell them that I won't be in today! When he wakes up, tell him to go have a warm shower and get straight back into bed" she tells me.

"Okay" I nod. She gives me a kiss on the forehead and leaves the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Stupid Diary,

So, Luke has a cold. It's from walking to my house in the cold without a jacket. Mum said she was going to help me look after him today. Her job- as she told me- was to make us both food and make sure we didn't need anything; and my job was to snuggle with Luke and watch movies all day... I think I can do that! (:

Luke's wake up call was my phone blaring Ashton's ringtone when he called to ask why we weren't at school. During class, might I add. Apparently he and Calum were wagging their first class, that's why he was calling so early.

Anyway, Luke is in having a warm shower at the moment, that's why I'm writing my diary entry now...

Okay, well, I guess I'll end it here.. Because I just heard Luke turn the shower off, so he'll be back any moment now..

- Michael x