02 | Tobias Plans A Date

Tobias' apartment has become a second home in some ways. I leave a shirt or two here in case I sleep over even though I find his shirts more comfortable than my own. He's the only person who's seen me without my hijab and I like it that way. Christina asked once and I considered showing her, but Peter walked into the dorm before I had a chance to answer.

The windows are a warm welcome, waking up with the sunrise is one of the best things about it (and Tobias himself; duh). But the privacy that comes with staying here is easily the best part. I remind myself often to enjoy it while I can before I have to sneak back to the dorms and pretend to be nothing to Tobias.

I like sleeping here because I don't have to cover my hair or worry about someone seeing the parts of me I keep hidden during the day. Even if they tried to make me train in shorts and a tank top, I refused. Even if  Molly tried to rip my headcap off to win the fight; I refuse to back down.

"Are you okay?" Tobias' morning voice is funny, normally it's already deep but when he's just woken up he sounds like an old man. I turn away from the windows and find him leaning on a pillar.

"Yea, just thinking." I offer him a smile despite how sleepy I feel.

His eyes meet mine and I wish I could read his mind but the softness in the darkness of them tells me he's at ease. "There's no training today, we could do something?" He speaks softly, almost like he's shy and it makes my smile grow. "Only if you want, of course." I giggle at Tobias' shyness.

"What'd you have in mind?" As I walk over to him, he shuffles through his clothes.

"A... date?" He scratches the back of his neck with a handful of clothes in hand. A slight blush covers his tanned cheeks and for some reason, it makes me feel a bit confident.

I 'oo' at the sound of a date. Finally, I stand in front of him and tilt my head upward to meet his eyes. "Isn't that a little unethical, Tobias?" I tease with a curious look, he shakes his head at me; understanding that I'm poking fun at him.

"I mean, if you don't want to, it's fine, just thought I'd–" I pressed a kiss to his cheek and bit my lower lip to suppress my grin.

"I'd like a date, I'd like it a lot." My heart beats faster than normal as I imagine what he could have planned. I never thought I'd get cute mundane moments like these but with Tobias, it feels so easy.

His wide smile makes me melt. Tobias doesn't genuinely express himself often so whenever he does, I feel proud of him for being comfortable around me. We stare at one another for a moment before Tobias hugs me. Warmth wraps around me as his strong arms do the same. It's strange to think that he's only two years older than me.

I've never really thought of him as a teenager like I am... he's always seemed so mature and grown. Maybe that's why I ended up liking his company more than my peers, they all act my age while Tobias is different. There are moments when I see a glimmer of mischief in his eyes and some when he throws his brooding act out of the window.

I think I'll always cherish those moments.

"How does dinner out of the compound sound?" His voice is becoming smoother as he continues to wake up. I nod into his chest as he pulls away, "Great, I'm gonna shower," He kisses the top of my head before turning away, his smile still large.

I find myself laughing to myself and squealing before I jump onto his bed. This is going to be amazing.

 This is going to be amazing