79: The F-Word(s)

A/N: SO MUCH CONTENT in recent weeks but most importantly how do we like the album? I'm obsessed!! Drop your top 3 songs in the comments!

 Next chapter, we're heading downunda!

___

"Oh my god! Paul!"

"What the fuck?" He pulls his head away from his neck. I whine at the loss of contact but he presses his fingertip against my lips and looks at me disapprovingly. "I know we just went on our first real date tonight, but you should at least remember my name, Love."

"Stop that," I scold him before I lean in and leave a kiss on his lips. "He accompanied us and protected us all night and I didn't even wish him a good night."

He smiles sweetly at me, as if to say 'aw sweet Mia, that's not the way things are done', but he doesn't say anything at all. Instead, he shakes his head and presses his lips flat against mine, unable to hold in the smile he has for my ignorance.

"You can wish him a good morning– no," he stops himself and adjusts his hold under my thighs, pushing me higher up on the back of the door. "Safer bet is you can wish him a good afternoon if I get my way."

"When have you ever not gotten your way?"

He tickets the underside of my thighs before answering. "The first three months I knew you were pretty tough. Wanted to kiss who the whole time."

"Then why didn't you?"

"Do you remember back then? I was convinced you didn't like me. The only reason I had some hope was that you kept staying over at my house every weekend and even then I'm pretty sure it's because I had the printer so you could edit your book."

"You really are an idiot, Harold."

"I only half believe it," he breaks out into his million-dollar smile. "Truth is I wanted to but I didn't want to overstep and lose you forever. And then you made it through an evening with some of my most outrageous friends and I knew that if you could handle that, I might be in with a shot."

"So you were testing me?"

His eyes bug out wide and I think his heart might stop for a moment or two as he thinks about his answer. "Uhhhh."

"Chill, H," I unwrap my legs from around his waist and stand before him. "So you did test me," I state with a blank expression, letting his mind spin.

I'm being cruel.

Then why is it so fun?

I play my mock disappointment with a deep sigh and a little pat on his chest.

"It's okay, Harold," I sidestep him and begin to walk away and I can practically feel the anxiety seeping off of him.

I'm being very very cruel.

"Mia I–" but he stops talking the moment I turn and face him. There are about ten feet between us now and he looks very guilty.

Let him off the hook.

"I only have one thing to say to you," I mutter, barely able to keep up the facade. A smile breaks out across my lips the second I take a breath in anticipation of my next, more revealing statement. "I'm glad I passed your tests."

"I–" his jaw drops as we stare at each other for a moment. "You better fucking run."

He gives me no head start before he lunges toward me. I screech and run across the room, even jumping over the corner of the table to delay the inevitable.