85: A Little Defense

A/N: Don't be too mad. And if you are, go ahead and watch the Late Night Talking MV. Can't be mad watching that video! Enjoy the double update, read  Chapter 84 if you haven't already!

I can't think of anything better than sitting around a table eating family-style with some of our closest friends.

Even if the smell of the red wine is making my stomach turn.

I blame our afternoon delight.

Harry and his magical dick messed up all my senses. I'm a puddle of goo.

Tomorrow, we travel to Japan for their final two shows before heading home. And my goodness, I am so excited to get home and have Harry all to myself for a little bit.

I hadn't missed it before but I'm suddenly daydreaming of laying in bed, drinking coffee, and eating pancakes, both of which Harry will have to make if they want to be edible. It's the simple things that I miss in a world of flashing lights and Harry's Gucci suits.

Just our sweet little bubble, perfectly fit for two until we head over to London for the holidays and are reunited with his family and our fur babies.

But we still have some time before that.

Tonight we dinner party all together before we go our separate ways for a bit.

We are all sitting on either side of a long rectangular table. Harry's on my left, Benny on his other side, Monica, and Flo are opposite us, and the rest of the LOVE Band and crew managers fill in around the rest of the table.

Monica and Flo are getting on so well. Maybe a little too well, Mon isn't draped over Benny's shoulder as she usually is and Flo suddenly seems closer to her than she is to me.

It's not a competition Mia! Chill especially when Monica is beaming at you.

"Why didn't you tell me, this girl has game!" She exclaims from across the table.

"How was I supposed to know? I was very absent-minded to other people as a teenager." I look at Monica and a very red-cheeked Flo.

"Not entirely true," I feel his presence by my ear, careful for only me to hear. "If I remember correctly you and Flo have a little history."

"And this is hardly the place," I give him a pointed look.

He can embarrass me all he wants in front of other people but I won't let him drag others in his attempt to be cheeky.

Harry surrenders knowing that I've told him everything already anyway. She and I made out at a party when I was a teenager. It was during that short blissful time when Edmund wasn't in my life anymore and my family and I hadn't fled New York.

From what I can recall, everything we did felt nice but it's nothing compared to the spark that Harry and I create.

I'm still sore.

I turn my attention to Monica and Flo who have gone on bickering. "What happened anyway?"

"She got Patrick's number."

"Monica, it's not that big a deal," Flo tries to fend her off but Monica is like a dog with a bone, especially with some wine in her. "Remember the cutie from the bridge."

"Wait how did I not notice this!"

"I'm stealthy," Flo boasts herself up from behind her wine glass.

I chuckle, "and is Patrick?"

"Patrick, huh?" Harry suddenly inserts himself into the conversation, looking a little too curious. "'You all think so? How cute was he?"