36: Bread Bowl View of Dreams

(A/N: I found out today that both Lily James and Harry Styles have played the flinch game on The Late Late Show with James Corden. Having a low day, it happens, so I decided to publish. Please enjoy it.)

| September 19th, 2017, San Francisco, CA |

PART TWO

***

(A/N: For those of you who don't remember, Josh Dylan ^ plays our Hunter in my head

(A/N: For those of you who don't remember, Josh Dylan ^ plays our Hunter in my head.)

Watching Harry on stage is a sacred experience. It really is watching the master at work. He's just so in his element. He's found exactly what he was meant to do in his life and he's able to do it.

People go through their whole life not knowing or not being able to do that and yet Harry is fortunate to. And I'm lucky enough to be along for the ride.

But I've decided that I won't just be following him around the world to support him.

I'm honored to do that and by the fact that he wants me to be part of such a monumental part of his career, but besides just watching him on stage, I want to contribute so I've decided that I am going to my best to document all that he and band get up to while traveling.

Call it a diary or a timeline of all the highlights on the road but I think at the end of this he'll like a personalized record of all the quippy things he says and every time he gets tangled up in the mic chord and when the crowd sings the loudest and when he inevitably falls on his bum on stage.

Now you may ask why I am so certain he will slip and fall and I'll tell you why. All you have to do is watch him jump and dance around for five seconds to realize that at some point this man will get so excited and overcome with the glee of it all that the energy will take over his body and he will land hard and it will be iconic.

And who will be there to remind him? Well, thousands of his fans with their recording devices but so will I, recording a very detailed account of his tumble.

But I'm jumping ahead.

He might be video recording the entire thing for reasons I don't know of, but I think he'll appreciate a little handwritten token that he can show his kids one day... our kids.

I spent the show with Hunter, Gemma, and Lou in the sound control box in the back of the floor level. It's a fair distance from the stage but we're elevated above everyone else so I had a clear view of him and with his fancy camera, I can even snap a few of him on stage just like he asked me to.

If he was still nervous the moment he stepped out, you couldn't tell. The powder pink curtain flew down and the scream that overcame the entire room... it would make the most insecure of people feel on top of the world.

It was over far too soon but I think it felt so quick because of the way Harry captivated the entire room every single second he was up there. From the first stroke of his guitar for Ever Since New York to the moment he switches the lyrics to 'welcome to the very first show' during Sign of the Times, he had us all under his spell.