21.

Cheonggyecheon. 5:00 p.m.

Dahyun directed her gaze to her phone to check the time.

5:03 p.m.

She was nearby the place, with the excuse of waiting for Jiyu's shift to end, even though her cousin's shift ended in around an hour. Normally, she wouldn't have paid attention to a random post-it on the back of her phone. But what made the difference is that she thought she knew who put that note there.

"It's pretty obvious who was, isn't it?
Then why are you here?
That's a good question.
Girl, isn't this the boy who kidnapped you?
Isn't he also the one that saved you the other night?
Your point is?
I'm doing this for gratitude, nothing else more.
Umm, sure, if you say so."

Suddenly, someone bumped into her, making her slightly lose her balance.

🌻

"Dude, what the actual hell, it's 5:02 p.m. what are we even doing here?" Haechan nagged his friend,  who had summoned him to meet at Cheonggyecheon.

"Shut up, Haechan. We are waiting for you cousin!" Jaemin snapped back, internally cursing at his friend, who hadn't arrived yet, putting the plan in danger.

In the distance, they spotted their friend rushing toward them. With a sign, he confirmed to Jaemin that the other person was also in that place.

"Sorry, I'm late," Jeno said, catching his breath.

"The hell you are," Haechan said annoyed. "Now, can you tell me why are we here?"

"Umm, well, that's a really good question. Pretty existentialist, if you ask me. Why are we here?" Jaemin started saying, trying to gain some time while spotting a familiar figure behind his friend.

Haechan furrowed, watching his friends acting weirder than normal.

"Screw this. I'm leaving," he said, trying to make his way to his parked car.

"No, you're not," Jeno said, slightly pushing his cousin.

Haechan's body almost lost balance by the sudden push, but he was able to steady himself. Nevertheless, he felt like his body bumped into someone else. As a reflection act, his arms wrapped around the person who was falling.

His eyes met with a pair of chocolate ones. Quickly he recognized the figure who was nearby him, pretty close if you ask me.

"You? What are you doing here?" He asked the girl who was wrapped around his arms.

"Excuse me? You're the one who made me come here," Dahyun said, pushing him away, breaking the contact.

"What the hell are you talking about?

"The note? Damn, your brain is broken."

"What note?" Haechan furrowed at her words.

She looked at him speechless. His expression was full of confusion. None of them knew that was exactly happening.

Dahyun scoffed while taking a piece of paper from her pocket. "This," she said, handing the note to Haechan.

He took the note and stared at it.

"Someone put it on my backpack this morning when we shared the desk," she said, crossing her arms, highlighting the last part of the sentence.

"These idiots. This is Jaemin's handwriting."

He looked behind him, expecting to meet his friends' faces, but no one was there. Oblivious to him, they had run away the moment he bumped with the girl.