38.

A horizon of several buildings, each of different heights, accompanied by the blue cloudy sky in the background was the view offered by the 16th-floor balcony of the Grand Hotel where Ms. Lee, CEO of one of the most influential companies in the Asian continent, temporarily resided.

With her right hand holding a glass of wine, the woman's eyes were fixed on the view right in front of her, nevertheless, her mind was completely lost in thought. Reminiscence of memories drowning her attention in the sea of the past.

"How long have you known?" The woman said while looking through the window, trying to avoid her rebel tears to be seen by her husband. Quickly she used the sleeve of her suit to erase all track of them.

"A couple of months," he said, sitting on the edge of the bed, his gaze directed to the floor. Lazily his right hand ranked through his black hair, as a sign of frustration.

"Months?!" She exclaimed, turning to face him. After realizing how loud her tone was, she cleared her throat. "Why didn't you notify me earlier?" She asked, back to her stoic tone. "I know you don't consider me as your wife but we are legally married, so everything that happens to you, affects me."

The man stared at the woman standing in front of him, who was supposed to be his wife just because she had a ring on her finger, even though he never agreed to the idea.

"I didn't want to bother you, Solhee," he said, now standing, he walked to the balcony, taking his place next to the woman he was married to. The starry night offered a view worth framing. "Because this relationship is based only on the legal side, I didn't think you'd care about it."

His words were like daggers directed at her heart. Swallowing the lump in her throat, once again she faced him. "Try to solve it quickly then. We still have a company to run," she said. "And the kids-"

"No. They don't have to know about it. I-I'll get better soon, I don't want them to suffer because of this."

"Promise me," she quickly responded, not able to face him, instead her eyes were fixed on the view, "that you're going to get well soon. Don't you dare to leave me with all this weight on my shoulders, alright?"

"I promise."

"Ehm, excuse me," the voice of one of her assistants brought her back to reality. "I apologize for interrupting your thoughts, Mrs. Lee, but an envelope arrived."

The fine woman turned to face the younger girl, who at the sight of Solhee – Mrs. Lee's eyes on her felt small. It was the common effect that businesswomen had on all people. Always well dressed, makeup on point her, and, above all, an imposing presence wherever she went.

"An envelope?" The younger girl felt shivers going through all over her body. Even her soft voice was kind of intimidating.

"Y-Yes, Mrs. Lee. It contains the results of-"

"Leave it on my desk," she said, cutting the girl's words, knowing exactly what the envelope contained. Noticing how the presence of the girl didn't disappear, her gaze moved to her figure. "Is there something else?"

"Oh, yes. Your housekeeper is on the line, she said it's an important matter," the young girl said, handing her the phone.

After taking the phone, she signaled the girl with her gaze to leave the room, thing she did after respectfully bowing to her.

 "Hello?"

"Mrs. Lee, I deeply apologize for bothering you in the middle of your business trip, but I thought you had to be notified of this matter," the older woman said through the phone.