56.

"I'm kinda tired so I'll text you tomorrow morning, okay? Sleep well💗"

Dahyun stared at her phone's screen for the nth time that day. That was the last message she had received from Haechan seven days ago. Even though she tried to contact him the very next day, she hadn't been lucky enough. Even though his messages were successfully delivered, the response to them never came. Calls, messages, and even visits seemed not to work. Already two days Dahyun had gone to the hospital to find Haechan but apparently, they had moved Mrs. Lee to a more restricted observation area, which did not accept any visitors.

One last resource she had was his friends. The thing is, was she making a big fuss for nothing? No, right? She tried to be as casual as possible when she texted Jaemin, whose number curiously she was able to get through to her cousin, just asking him if he had seen Haechan that day. Jaemin told her that Haechan had asked them for alone time, which made the F4 members' visits to the hospital more inconsistent. However, I had heard from Dohee that Haechan was fine, in general.

He was fine. Yeah, of course, he was. If not, he'd had told her already, right?

She wanted to understand him, she wanted to think that the situation he was going through was very difficult and that for that reason he needed space.

Even space away from her.

It wasn't that bad, right? Every person needs alone time from time to time. That's why she decided to stop insisting for a while. The fact that exam time was upon her helped to occupy her mind with other things.

School, library, reviews of her notes, books, and more books, was what her day was summed up. However, that did not avoid the fact that every night before going to sleep, almost naturally, she finds herself looking at the screen of her cell phone, longing to see an answer.

What else are you supposed to do if the other party doesn't seem to want to see you?

"C'mon, Dahyun! You've been locked in there since you came from school yesterday," Jiyu yelled from the corridor of the house, banging on the door.

"My exam season is over, let me just rest!"

"Oh, please, we both know is not the exam season that has you like this."

Dahyun was grateful that her parents had decided to go grocery shopping in the morning on Saturday- since they usually did on Sundays-, so she didn't have to worry about them listening to this back and forth.

Saying that the exam season wasn't tough would be a huge lie, nevertheless, she knew that wasn't the only reason behind her sudden "lockdown".

Back to the cousins' argument, before even Dahyun could be able to answer, the sound of the doorbell of the house resonated, catching both girls' attention.

Dahyun was able to hear how Jiyu huffed before the sound of steps sounded more and more distant, which brought some kind of relief to the younger girl.

However, the peace did not last long because a few minutes later the sound of someone knocking on the door echoed in the room.

"Jiyu, I already told you-"

"Uhm, sorry," a voice interrupted her, "but I'm not Jiyu." Well, the male deep voice had made that pretty clear.

Dahyun got up slowly while walking to the door.

"Jeno?"

"Erm, yeah, I think we-," his speech was interrupted by the door being open, showing the girl dating his cousin, "No, we need to talk."