Bite the Bullet Chp17

Warning: Everything in this chapter is my imagination. Don't forget to VOTE and Comment.

And yes check out the SLID SHOW I made for Bite the Bullet on the side>>

@Unedited

_______________________________________________________

~~ A soldier doesn't fight because he hates the enemy in front of him, he fights because he loves what he left behind.~~

"Yes sir," I saluted. Zach nodded and walked away from us.

Troy whistled, "You requested to patrol on the camp," he teased. I raised an eye brow. "What are you going to do?" he further asked, stealing a quick glance around us. It was afternoon, nothing out of usual same old camp, but it was cloudy. We had at last returned, as soon as we were done with the formalities I requested to patrol at the camp. Zach was curious but the Bull never loses a chance to make us work.

"What do you think?" I deadpanned, wearing my cap. He laughed, giving me a look that said 'I know your secret'

"I'll catch some rest, you go do whatever you want," with a wave he went inside the tent.

Excitement bubbled in me like a volcano as I turned and walked toward Avalina's tent. It's been days I haven't seen her, my heart was lost in the desert, desperate for something to drink in, and only her face was the answer.

I passed two girls playing something I couldn't really get, smiling up at me and simultaneously saying something in their language I couldn't understand either so I waved. "Blade," called a voice, and I turned around to see a friend of mine in another team walking toward me.

"What's up Garnet?" I shook his hand.

"Some girl was looking for you, asked if I have seen you," Garnet told me.

"Who?" but the answer came in my mind and I grinned. "Where did she go?" I questioned him, hiding my eagerness.

"I saw her going back in the medical tent; she seemed rather disappointed when I told her I have no idea where you are,"

"Thanks man, I better go and check what the girl wants, hope it's nothing serious," I said then walked straight for the medical tent. We had been apart from more than four weeks. I desperately wanted to see her.

The smell of medicine welcomed me in the tent. There were patients, searching around she wasn't here, so I got out of the tent, took a turn and there they were. Fiona was talking to Avalina, with her back to me. Her head bowed as though in defeat. Slowly walking toward them, flowers all sort of blossomed in my stomach. Ignoring everything I looked at her. Oh God how much have I missed her!

Fiona grinned when her eyes fell on me from the looks of it they both were arguing about something actually Avalina was complaining about something. I put my finger on lips for Fiona to pipe down just for once she obeyed surprising me.

"I asked two of his friends, even Troy, he said Blade wasn't with them, there was sadness in Troy's eyes which meant..." I heard Avalina trail off, when I was only two feet behind her.

Fiona played along calmly, "What? So you mean..." she said, a glint of playfulness on her face. I wondered how Avalina missed it. "I am really sorry," She tried to sound a little more hurt. Avalina nodded, and I knew she was on the verge of shedding tears.

"The last time I saw him, a month ago, I really wanted to tell him something, something I wanted to say from a while now," then a sob escaped her lips. "He said he would return."