Bite the Bullet Chp11

Warning: Everything in this chapter is my imagination. Thank you so much for your awesome comments and votes and I am sorry for the spelling and grammatical mistakes.

And yes don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! Oh yes, pic of Blade on the side.

______________________________________________________

We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them.

That day when I was done with the patrolling which was at dusk. I had gone straight to a private who had the duty of distributing clothes to the refugees. I asked him to give me two pairs of pants and a shirt. Once I had them in my hand I went to meet Fiona.

She eyed the clothes in my hand and raised her eyebrow.

"What's this?" she inquired.

"Clothes," I replied simply. I knew she was going to start her interrogation now.

"Yeah I can see that, but who are they for?" See, I told you so.

I rolled my eyes at her and huffed a breath. "Take these and give them to Avalina," I told her.

She looked down at the clothes in her hand, then at me. "Why her?" her voice was doubtful. Women!

"Because I noticed that she needed them," I answered. She raised an eyebrow, obviously not buying it but fortunately, she took them from my hand without replying. Thank Goodness.

When I turned to go, yet another round of her questions stopped me; but this time I really didn't know the answer myself.

"Why are you doing this?" she questioned. Trust me, Fiona, I have been asking myself the same question for the past two weeks.

I faced her, making sure I had no expressions on my face. If she knew how I felt about Avalina. I could get in trouble. Wait! How did I feel about her? I really don't know!

"Fiona did I ever tell you, you ask way too many questions and I am never in the mood of answering them," was my sarcastic reply before I left the tent.

Fiona was my friend since I can remember; she was just like an older sister to me. That's why she had all the rights to question me about anything she pleases to know and I let her. Just like me, her mother passed away when her parents divorced. Fiona disagreed to see her father's face from that day on and entered military medical college to be an army doctor just like her mother was. She and Troy are not on good terms, no, not like enemies but it's best not to leave them alone under one roof, or they will tear everything apart.

Surprisingly, Fiona understands me very well but at the same time, she can't get Troy at all. It's beyond me how they quarrel so much. Troy is the most serene person I have ever known but when it comes to their quarreling, he turns into a wild pig.

**

On the sixth day of patrolling

Day: Tuesday

Time: 7:30 in the morning

I rubbed my hands together, as the cold wind cut my skin. My nose was already a shade of pink and my breath came out in small puffs in the air. It rained a bit last night making it even colder every time the wind decided to blow.

I was patrolling when Dimitri, one of the soldiers who patrolled here as well, came running towards me. I stopped and looked at him as he gasped for air. "Lieutenant called for you, it's for S-3." I frowned and at once followed him. When I entered the tent with Dimitri, the tent was already full. I stood in attention and stole a quick glance around. There was a man I recognized at once; he was the right hand of the President of Empana. I had seen him back at the base discussing private matters with Colonel.