Bite the Bullet Chp19

Warning: Everything in this chapter is my imagination and it contains violence! I am sorry for posting after such a long time, life was busy, then I was facing some trouble here on wattpad. Hope you enjoy this and don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

____________________________________________________________

~*~*~*"War is the greatest evil satan has invented to corrupt our hearts and souls. We should honor our soldiers, but we should never honor war."~*~*~*

The clouds were pouring down on us, hard and fast, like their heavy sheets were mourning for the ones who had lost their lives. The trees danced in the wind of sorrow, rustling its leaves as it did. A huge light struck high in the sky yet it felt so near, making the clouds cry even harder. The flowing water had turned into crimson as it flowed from the shoulder of the road and carried its own dark story. I blinked my eyes and looked away from the red water.

Troy was yelling at me, saying something constantly, but I couldn't hear at all, nor could I hear the roaring of guns all around me. The blasting bombs, the screams of people who breathed their last. I simply stared at Troy, with his rifle in his hands, blood dripping down his cheek, soaking his shirt along with the rain. He had dirt on his face and a terrified glint I could see burned in his eyes. His lips moved but no sound came out. What was I doing? Am I dreaming? If the scene in front of me was of war then why am I not moving? Why am I not feeling anything? Why am I not doing anything?

"Blade..Blade," a distant yell reached my eyes, making me frown. Troy glared at me then pointed his finger on something, desperately as though time was ticking. "Blade, wake up," Troy hollered again, and then it hit me like a hurricane.

Everything was real! This shit was real. The dreadful voices made me flinch. I tightened my hand on something, which turned out to be my rifle. Here I was, with my back pressed against a wall, rain pouring down on me and with Troy still yelling at me. I turned my head to where he was pointing at and death crawled up my heart. Almost fifty of them were engaging towards us, they had two tanks along with terrorists in cars, our cars! I dragged my eyes from them and looked around me to see that there were only six of us against all of them.

"Blade, take your position," Troy called for me. I blinked, making the raindrops fall on my face. From the corner of my eyes I noticed, yet once again, the small river of rainwater mingled with thick, dark blood around me. A ghost of windswept the street sending leaves swirling high above the street. I blinked yet again, kicking in every battle instinct in my body, straightening my spine. After grabbing a magazine and reloading my rifle, I embraced myself for the worst.

Everyone here knew we had no chance in surviving that.  Zach had already been calling for backup, standing in the ruins of a library, with rain showering and fifty men charging toward us- towards six soldiers. How did this happen?

"Troy, I need you to stay here back up Blade and Bruce. Find a place to hide and engage. We have to hold them for as long as we can. I am leaving three men here and three soldiers on that building, attacking from two places will confuse them. You three cover our backs and each other, hurry!" Zach yelled over the angry voices.

"The backup team will be here soon, 'till then give your best," Zach barked his last words then darted toward the destroyed building next to the library.

"Blade, C'mon man you have to gather yourself," Troy encouraged standing next to me, pressed against the wall. We were on the first floor of the library; the reason why we were on the first floor was because there were no remains of the second. This place was burnt to ashes; the sky could be seen clearly from where we stood. The windows in front of me, from which I had seen the enemy, had its glasses shattered by a bullet.