Bite the Bullet Chp22

Warning: Everything in this story and this chapter is my imagination. I'd like to apologize for the long and disturbing wait. My life has been a mess, and with work piling up like dirt I didn't have much time and enthusiasm to write. But now I am done and only two chapters then Bite The Bullet will be done.

Guys the story needs more VOTES so more people can read it :)

____________________________________________________________

~*If I charge, follow me. If I retreat, kill me. If I die, revenge me ~*

*Troy*

I stood there by the door of the church watching the pallbearers carry the casket out of the church and waiting for her to walk out with Maya, but Avalina sat there, not caring about anyone. She was silent all the time; we hadn't heard her say a word since we came back from Empana two days ago.

The country was free after our troops had killed the terrorists in a great number. They had surrendered to Empana's government and next day few of our troops were sent back home. Marshal, Devin had demanded his son's body to be deported to him as soon as possible. I was one of the few who had left Empana the next day and had demanded for Avalina to come along with me, as everyone knew she was Blade's wife.

One by one people left, Maya glanced at me and I shrugged having no idea how to deal with Avalina, the girl upon hearing the news of Blade's death hadn't even shed a single drop of tear, all she did was remain silent and lost in her own world. It was terrifying to see her like this and the thought of something happening to her scared the hell out of me. I had just lost my brother, my friend and losing someone as dear as Blade will destroy me. Swallowing the lump in my dry throat I made my way toward her.

Avalina was staring down at her ring, the ring Blade had shared with her and made her his wife. Thinking about him made something tighten in my heart, making my already dry throat go drier. I stood next to her, but she didn't look up as though there was no one around her. People had been looking at her with questioning eyes, and I knew Devin would demand for some explanation as to why she is here, but he did not know it was his son who has given his life to this girl.

I bent down in front of her, it was a wonder how she couldn't hear my heartbeats, worried, confused and lonely. "We have to go," nothing, she didn't even raise her head, so I tried again. "They will bury the body, you have to be there," nothing just the silence that the church carried. I wanted to grab her shoulders and shake her out of that world, but dear Lord she was fragile and on the verge of breaking down, doing this would only increase her pain.

Then she stood up, clenching her hand and I knew she was going to break down any second, her lower lip began to tremble as she started walking towards the door of the church. I followed silently close enough to catch her when she needs me. I wanted to curse, yell with all the rage burning inside me. He died in my hands, in front of my eyes leaving me with his love, leaving me with another duty to protect her! If only I could protect myself from what is to come in the future.

I watched as she slowly descended the church stairs, the wind blew around her, hard and fast bringing news of rain and storm as more clouds engulfed the sky. There was no one around us, people were getting in their cars, and pallbearers were closing the door of the vehicle in which the body was placed.

Suddenly Avalina stopped, stared at the car as the engine came to life and doors closed, her eyes grew wider and a sob broke on her lips.

"No!" I heard her beg, with that things happened too fast. I didn't have a chance to register them. She began to descend the last stairs fast and run toward the car.