Bite the Bullet Chp10

Warning: Everything in this chapter is my imagination. I am sorry for the grammatical mistakes. Thank you so much for your comments and votes. 

Check out the song and Pic of Avalina on the side>>

____________________________________________________________

 Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. 

I was unchained from the bed, it felt refreshing and thrilling to hold my rifle again; in my combat suit with the cap on just to shade my eyes from the furious rays of the sun. I patrolled, inspected everything, and made certain to provide refugees what they wished from me.

The weather got chillier with the days that passed. My favorite season was soon to arrive. I sauntered around the camps and kept an eye on everything. My mind went back to what occurred yesterday, I talked to Maya. They heard I was shot and she wanted to know if I was safe, or alive. She had nothing to worry about, right? Maya, man, I missed her so much. God knows when this will be over so that I could see her: even my old man.

My thought lingered on my family as I passed a tent and halted when I heard low, anxious sobs. Instantly I worked on my instincts and followed the voice and they led me around the tent that I just passed. The soldier in me kicked in so I hid my body behind the tent, stretched my neck a little, and peeked to see a boy, the kid had his small arms wrapped around a girl who seemed to be crying.

It wasn't hard for me to recognize who it was. Her small body was curled in a ball, I noticed her long black hair that fell gracefully on her shoulders. However, something was wrong, she was crying.

I couldn't help myself so I made my way to them, gradually, aware of the deep frown that appeared on my face. The little guy was one of the other refugees we had saved along with Avalina. His tiny fingers stroked her hair soothingly and she allowed him.

They spoke silently with each other in a language I could not comprehend. I guess it was the main language of Empana. I tried to catch some words but could not, except for one word "Papa", and that single word did it for me. The boy looked up at my approach but the girl was lost in her own world of desolation.

"What are you doing here?" the young man growled. I looked at him gently as I attempted to assure him I meant no harm.

"Is there any problem?" I questioned in a serene tone.

"Yeah there is, and that is you so get away from here," the boy snapped. Seriously he did piss me off but it was not him that I cared about. I silenced him with a nod and looked closely at Avalina.

I don't know what I am supposed to do in this situation, never had any experience with crying teenagers. Still, I worked on instincts once again, I crouched down in front of Avalina, disregarding the boy who glared at me. Avalina looked up at me, when she saw who it was a sob broke in her throat, and to my astonishment, Avalina cried even more. I bit the inner wall of my cheek, and wondered what the hell am I going to do now? She looked so vulnerable. I was afraid a touch of mine would hurt her. Her hiccup tugged on my heart and I held the growl that threatened to escape my throat.

"You are making her cry," the boy hissed. I raised an eyebrow at him, confused. "I was trying to make her stop for an hour," he spat and hugged Avalina again.

Well way to go, Blade.

"Ava, don't cry," begged the little man desperately. All I did was watch, I thought I could stop her but why did Avalina cry even more?