Bite the Bullet Chp20

@Unedited

Warning: Everything in this chapter is my imagination and it contains violence. I hope you enjoy it,  don't forget to VOTE and Comment, check out the trailer on the side.

______________________________________________________

~*~*~They are dead; but they live in each Patriot's breast,
And their names are engraved on honor's bright crest.~*~*~

I won't lie by saying that my legs were not weak from fear. When death sucks the oxygen from your lungs the best of the men, have their walls of strength crumbling down.

Now we were five against many of them, chances of living were down to zero. Two of the enemies were coming towards Bruce and Troy, firing like maniacs. I turned my rifle toward them, pulling the trigger, the hot bullet whizzed through the air, and as the fog hit it, it turned to steam. Their yells reached me as the bullets cut deep in their flesh and blood splashed from the wounds. Ignoring them I turned the tip of my rifle again toward the crowd in front, and then my whole body jerked from the force.

It was like someone had shoved a burning rod in my shoulder, pain hugged my left hand and the shoulder burned. The red blood that flew like a snake from the wound had splashed on my face and lips as well. Gritting my teeth I blinked many times because of the hot water swimming in my eyes, not from the fear but from the unbearable pain. My breathing was shallow and I could feel sweat trickling down my back, despite the rain. I licked my lips, pushing the fire that ignited in my body aside.

"Loading," Troy's yell shook me out of the trance; I brought my rifle near and crossed it against my chest, holding it near, as my left hand was unbelievably weak. I have been shot before but this was different, maybe because I knew death was mere inches away from me!

The bullets that shot from my rifle shook my wounded shoulder, making me hiss in pain. The water and sweat that dripped from my head burned my eyes; I had to flatter them violently to clear my vision.

"Bruce is down! "I heard Troy yell in a desperate voice, my head snapped in their direction in time to see Bruce fall backward in the trench with a bullet in his head, and his helmet rolling away. I cursed my luck and this situation. Quickly grabbing my radio I yelled in it, "Soldier down, Sarge, we have a number down!"

"Blade, hold them back a little longer, the freaking backup is almost here," Zack screamed back. I didn't reply back because that very damned second, I dodged intense fireworks which were directed at me. Ducking behind the pile of bricks, my chest rose and fell rapidly and adrenaline pumped in my veins. Constant whizzing from bullets and pinging from ejected clips had almost come into a rhythm. Screaming and yelling echoed and as if to add to the battle sound the sky cried louder.

 I opened fire on them and heard Troy yell. "Blade, get over here now!" he threw a quick glance at me.

"If I move I'll be dead," was my reply as I shot another in the leg, when he fell on the ground my bullet struck him in the chest!  A huge blast sounded, I turned around to see the tank was on flames. "Hell yeah, that's right," and yelled in triumph, crouching down as hot bullet casings rained down on me.

Looking up at the sky, clouds were still crying, with intense force. Ever since I was younger I always believed rain was lucky for me. It soothed the anger and pain in me, and would put out the fire in my heart. The sound of the thunder made me smile when I could barely walk, it still does. I prayed continuously that this rain would be lucky for me, that I would be able to see Ava, my little sister, Maya, and my old man.

The enemy was dangerously close; we were almost running out of luck. "I am out of damn bullets," Troy barked, tossing his rifle aside and taking hold of the machine gun.