JJ-Double sided insecurity

Beach days were the best, but beach days were also the worst.

I absolutely love all the super fun things the beach has to offer don't get me wrong, but through out my life I've constantly been told, "your absolutely gorgeous" ,"  I would love to have a body like yours", or  "I wish I looked like you". But as stupid as this sounds, I've never felt super comfortable in my own skin. Its stupid, I know, but I just don't see what everyone else see's. 

So, the beach has always been a scary place for me. But considering I live in the outer banks, I've gotten pretty used to putting a big sweatshirt and some shorts on and ignoring the comments from JJ that I should "put that pretty body on display". 

So this leads us to today, the annual weekly beach day.

"So, hottie, what's going on with you and JJ?" Kie asked as she looked at you through her cheap sunglasses.

"at this point I'm not even sure, one second he's all over me and the next he's all over another girl" I said through my cheap sunglasses.

JJ and I's relationship was a bit complicated to say the least, I've known him since I was 6, the moments my eyes landed on him I had a huge crush. Like a painfully obvious crush to everyone but him. We flirt of course, but i just don't want to risk telling him how I've been practically in love with him for 10 years and him not reciprocating those feeling could ruin everything we have.

"He looks at you so much differently though, i can tell" Ki said suggestively.

"yeah i guess" I said.

After some tanning, me and kie were both burning up.

"Lets swim" Kie said happily

"I think I'm just gonna stay here" I said, trying to sound normal and not like i was on the edge of overheating.

Kie sighed sadly, knowing exactly what i was thinking but let me be none the les.

After tanning for about 15 more minuets i was suddenly picked up and flung over a shoulder. More specifically JJ's shoulder.

"JJ" I whined. But he wasn't going to the water he was going to the car.

"wait ,where are we going?" I asked 

"I need to talk to you." He said oddly seriously .

After carrying me to the truck he set me on the tailgate.

"Ok, you've be extra weird lately, what's up?" JJ asked 

"Nothing. I haven't been weird" I said. But I knew he knew I was lying.

"Your lying, don't lie to me" He said.

"Alright fine, to be honest I'm not super confident in my body JJ. I never have been, I'm insecure which is stupid because everyone is constantly throwing compliments my way, but i really am " I said .

"Y/n you have nothing to be insecure about baby, your perfect even if you don't see it through your eyes I promise everyone else does" he said with his hands on my thighs. We were close, noses barley touching.

In the blink  of an eye my dream since i was 6 came true, i was kissing JJ Maybank.

"I've been wanting to do that forever" JJ admitted.

"So have I" I said with the biggest smile I've ever had on my face.

///////////////////////////////////////

I have awaken from my death bed I've been on for several months now, I'm so sorry but i really do appreciate all the votes, comments, and reads.

Anyways.......

This was a request for @Paige-is-here !! I seriously hope you love it