Chapter 23

Ingrid called Cami first.

"How are you?" she asked. "Did Kol and Davina make it to you?"

"Yes," she said. "We're heading to the apartment now. Lucien apparently told Klaus what it is— a small disk called the 'Serratura' which creates a boundary that can't be crossed by anyone living or dead. Klaus also confronted Lucien about his alliance with Tristan and it seems he was more than happy to admit to it, and continues to insist he's here to protect him."

"I think I'm going to talk to him, once we figure out what's wrong with Rebekah," she said. "Freya's trying to track her now, and Elijah's calling her. Something is wrong."

"Oh my god, I hope she's okay. But why would you talk to Lucien?"

"Elijah just revealed some stuff about why Lucien, Tristan, and Aurora hate him so much. And I... want to see if I can smooth things over by sharing my personal experience. It might not do much but you gave me a chance, and it helped me be better. Maybe if I give them a chance to share their side of it... they might actually not hurt us. We found out Lucien was trying to kidnap you, Cami, to get you to find this Serratura for him. If there's anything I can do to get him to lay off..."

"Just be careful, Ingrid. Don't trust him, no matter what."

"Don't worry, I won't. Is Klaus going to meet you guys?"

"No, I think he's actually going to see Aurora. I hope that goes down well."

"Jeez, I hope so too. Anyway, I'll talk to you soon. Stay safe, don't go anywhere unless Kol or Davina is with you."

She hung up, and went back to check on Freya, who was trying to send a note to Rebekah while Elijah continued to dial her number.

"She's still not answering," he said worriedly.

Freya clutched the note in her hands, starting to chant, "Touve mon se kavo. Touve mon se kavo..." She gasped, unclenching her hands and revealing the note had turned into blood. "There's nothing to connect to. She's gone."

"Someone must have attacked her witch body," said Ingrid. "Her connection to magic is gone. And I don't suppose that was accidental, unless she was being sassy and someone got too angry at her. But then, she would have called us by now."

"We must go," said Freya. "Come— I have a map at the St. Louis Cathedral that I can use to track her. With any luck... the ingredients I have will be sufficient to pinpoint her location. Then, we can astral project there, and see what is happening with our own eyes."

They practically ran to the St. Louis Cathedral, after Ingrid had made sure Irene had food and water for the day.

"Mikaelson blood tracks Mikaelson blood," said Freya once she'd had Elijah bleed into a bowl, which Ingrid was now adding herbs to while the eldest Mikaelson brought out a dozen white candles to hold down the map. "I should be able to find her. I just don't understand— why bring Rebekah into it?"

"They want all three sires," said Elijah angrily. "Tristan and Lucien kept us occupied here while they hunted Rebekah."

"And we're sure this was them?" asked Ingrid.

"It is surely The Strix," said Elijah.

"She's strong," said Freya optimistically. "She cannot be kill—"

Elijah interrupted, "—the prophecy says otherwise."

"No it doesn't," said Ingrid. "It said you'd fall within the year and falling doesn't exactly mean dying." She took Freya's hand, allowing direct channeling as she began her spell, with a spindle hanging from the ceiling to pinpoint the location. Ingrid poured Elijah's blood onto the table, and the spindle began to move while Freya changed, "Sang bis najitt trouver. Sang bis najitt trouver. Sang bis najitt trouver."