Chapter 1

I really shouldn't have gotten out of bed today. I should've listened to Reyna. I could've stayed at home with Cora, but no, now I'm sick and working a night shift.

Am I this desperate for money? Yes, yes I am. Rent is coming up soon and Reyna can't pay it by herself. So here I am working behind the bar at 9 o'clock on a Saturday while I'm sick. It's ok right now, there's a lot of people but nothing I can't handle, it'll be harder around 10-11ish.

"Priya go grab the box labeled 67 from the back and bring all the bottles to the bar." My boss Ren said, he owns the bar and he's really nice too.

He let me start here right when I was 19 even though I didn't have any experience. I guess he's considered 'attractive' he has long black and grey hair that's usually in a half up half down bun and he's kind of tall.

"Yes sir." I replied doing a mock salute, although I sounded nasally due to my stuffy nose.

I brought the bottles back and started taking more and more orders until at least an hour passed. Now it was really busy. Usually on other days and earlier on Saturday's I can be more aware but Saturday nights got harder.

More orders piled up causing me to be busier. It gets overwhelming sometimes. And right now I have a pounding headache, stuffy nose, nausea, and a sore throat so I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass out.

Let's see how long I last.

Just as I got pulled out of my thoughts I saw a really pretty girl walking towards the bar. She had brown hair, tan skin, a maroon coloured bralette with a leather jacket on top, and black jeans.

"Hi, what can I get you?" I said, still sounding nasally.

"Just a coke please." She replied.

I hurried to get the coke from beside me but when I quickly turned there was a sharp pain in my head causing me to wince.

"Are you ok? You don't look too good." She said.

God this is so embarrassing, "Yeah I'm fine, I'm just a little sick." I said handing her the coke.

"Should you really be working then? You should go home" She said looking at me while stirring around her coke.

"No I'm fine really." I said smiling at her.

She didn't look convinced but she nodded her head and looked over somewhere else.

"Priya can you please serve some tables, Johnny can take over the bar, we don't have enough waiters." Ren asked, walking by with two trays filled with empty glasses, he seemed pretty overwhelmed.

"Um yeah sure" I said moving out from behind the bar.

I started walking quickly but the sharp pain came back and soon I found myself crying out in pain. I doubled over in pain right towards the pretty girl. I landed by her lap knocking her drink all over her clothes. I was sprawled over her lap before I came to my senses and stood up.

"Oh my god, I am so so sorry, I can go get you some napkins and a new drink completely free. Oh my god your clothes are soaked, I'm so sorry-" I kept rambling on until she interrupted me.

"I'm fine, really, but I will take some napkins." She said while half smiling but she seemed distracted, as if she was trying to look over me.

"Ok yeah I can go get you napkins, I'll be right back." I replied.

Everyone was looking at us by time I turned around to get napkins but as soon as I turned the pain came back and I fell backwards right onto her lap again. And this time I fainted. Looks like I didn't last long.

Hi, I rly just wanted to write a story to pass time as a hobbie so I most likely won't have a set schedule especially since finals are pretty soon. I'm also not the best writer so not everything is gonna be perfect. But I do hope anyone who might read this will like it so ummm yeah.
<3
Have a good day!