Chapter 14

Bold is the change is pov and texting depending on the context of the scene.

I was working at the bar tonight. Ivy didn't really come during my shift anymore, she said it was because it felt weird going to her girlfriend's workplace while she's working. But she was here today, I slid a coke to where she was sitting.

She picked it up without even looking towards me, was she mad at me? She had been staring at another side of the bar for a while but right before I was about to see where Ren came up to me.

"Hey can you please go serve those guys over there? I'm short on waiters." He said while pointing to a table near the direction of Ivy's stare.

"Yeah sure, but who'll look over the bar?" I asked.

"I can." He replied.

I nodded before heading towards the table. When I got closer I saw that those guys were the same ones my brother had been hanging out with so of course Ravi was there too.

"Hi what can I get for you guys?" I asked enthusiastically while smiling.

"We'll all have a bottle of corona with a side of chicken wings." The one with pale skin and slick back black hair said, he creeped me out.

"Ok." I smiled and walked away.

I decided to just get the bottles by myself and gave the rest of the order to the kitchen. There was six of them so I got six bottles out.

After putting the bottles on the tray I made my way back towards the table. I put down the drinks but only my brother muttered a thank you while they all continued talking.

Through the side of my vision I saw Ivy glaring at me before talking to Ren, they looked mad? At each other. They quickly looked fine though, once they saw me looking. That was weird, maybe I'd have to talk with Ivy once I got home.

My shift went by smoothly after that, I did a bit more waitressing before going back to the bar. After my shift I left the bar to see Ravi standing outside.

"You waiting for someone?" I asked.

"Yeah, you." He replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"I felt bad for the way my uhm friends I guess, treated you." He said.

"You guess their your friends?" I questioned.

"Not really, I'm kind of doing a case right now so I need to hangout with them to get closer to arresting them." He explained.

"Oh, I see. What kinda case?" I asked as we both started walking towards his car.

"Can't really say, you want a ride home?" He asked.

"Yeah sure." I replied.

"So am I dropping you off at Ivy's or yours?" He asked.

I thought about how she looked at the bar before responding," My house."

"Ok." He replied.

"So how's things with Isaac?" I asked, trying to make small talk, we still got awkward sometimes.

"Good, him and I are going on a weekend trip tomorrow." He said.

"That's good." I replied.

"How about Ivy and you?" He asked.

"Good, I really like her." I smiled, he made a weird face before replying, "That's good, I'm glad."

We got to my house soon after that, we said our goodbyes before I went inside. When I unlocked the door I saw Jen and Andie making out on my couch for some reason.