Chapter 7

Warning: mentions of homophobia but nothing graphic just skip a bit of the middle

Ivy did come to the bar the day after our date. And for six days after that, then she asked me on another date. Of course I said yes to her, so today I'm getting ready for another date with her. We're going to a diner about fifteen minutes away from my house and she's going to pick me up in about 10 minutes.

I'm a lot calmer about this date, I didn't gather all my friends here to help me decide on an outfit, since the diner is going to be casual I just put on some blue jeans and a grey sweatshirt. I decided to leave my hair open and keep my glasses on since I didn't feel like putting in my contacts.

"Priya I'm going to go to work, have fun at your date, bye!" Reyna yelled from the living room.

"Ok, thanks, bye!" I yelled back before I heard the door open and close, indicating that she had left. I was kind of glad no one would be here when Ivy picked me up, it was a lot less nerve racking.

I still had a couple of minutes before she would pick me up so I tried to watch some tv but I was way to excited so I didn't pay much attention to it.

After a couple of minutes pacing around with the tv playing in the background I heard the doorbell ring. I immediately grabbed my purse and raced towards the door and opened it.

"Hi." Ivy said while smiling when I opened the door. She looked so pretty. She had some blue jeans on with graphic t-shirt but I didn't know what it was on the t-shirt.

her once long hair from yesterday had been turned into short hair that went around her neck, it definitely looked more masculine.

"Oh my god your hair looks amazing." I replied.

"Thank you, I normally always have short hair but last year I decided to try long hair and I just got fed up of it." She explained.

"Short hair definitely suits you." I said.

"Thank you, should we go?" She replied.

"We should." I said. I locked the door and we started walking towards my apartment's parking lot garage thingy. I hoped she would have her car this time.

As much as I liked the motorcycle I don't think I could deal with that again. I don't know how I did it last time wearing a dress.

Thankfully she led us towards her SUV and unlocked the doors. We started driving toward the diner so I decided to start a conversation. "So have you been to this diner yet?" I asked.

"Yeah I have once with a coworker of mine." She said.

"Oh ok." I replied.

"Have you been?" She asked.

"Yeah I've been a bunch of times with all my friends, the milkshakes there are so good." I replied.

"They are, the milkshakes are mainly why I wanted to go back." She said. After that we kept a conversation going until we go to the diner. We got a booth by the windows and sat down, we started talking a little more before the waiter came.

"Hi what can I get you guys?" The waiter asked.

"Can I please get a strawberry milkshake with fries and a cheeseburger?" I replied.

"And can I please get a chocolate milkshake with fries and a hamburger?" Ivy said.

"Ok coming right up." The waiter replied.

"Thank you." We said in unison. The waiter smiled before walking away.

"I feel as though we don't know enough about each other." Ivy said.