EiMiko (modern au)

Miko's POV:

Aren't we all wondering about what it's like to live such a lavish life? Well, should I tell you?

Hmm, what to say? It's great, but it's challenging, especially when you're a well-known light novelist throughout the world. It was a dream come true for me, and I worked hard to get here, so it all fucking felt fantastic.

Of course, being famous has its drawbacks. First, there are stalkers. Second, you have haters who spout crap about you, the know-it-alls. Finally, enemies tied to your job, in the form of a war between light novelists.

The only thing they don't have is.... that I have such a fucking beautiful and handsome lover. I originally met her as my bodyguard back when I had a few stalkers. Let's just say that things between us got... fruity, and she was captivated by my beauty.

Raiden Ei is the name of my lover, who also serves as my bodyguard. She's 26 years old and I'm 25, so there's only a one-year age gap, which is fine. She wasn't much fun at first; she was like an iceberg! She only speaks when she is required to, she only acts when she is required to, and when I try to engage her in conversation, she only responds with a quick response! That truly irritated me.

So, of course, I can't accept the fact that she isn't falling for my charms, until one day, she was flushed by a certain situation. I took a risk and moved closer to her, whispered something to her that we'll keep a secret for the time being.

Enough with the nostalgia. I'm currently at a fan signing event in Inazuma's main city, and my hot husband is standing beside me.

"M-ms. Miko! C-could you kindly sign on my handkerchief?" a teen girl said. I had to sign her handkerchief; how could I resist such a request? Next in line was a man who appeared to be...umm... 30 years old? He seemed strange and weary, but I shrugged it off. He requested that I autograph the front page of the book he was carrying, which was my first published novel. When I was signing it, he abruptly grabbed my hand, which freaked me out. Of course, Ei had to intervene.

"What do you think you're doing?" she said, carefully shoving the man's hand. She's even more strong than he is! His grasp on my hand was little strong, so I was shocked when she shoved it effortlessly.

"I-uh, I only wanted to hold her hand, you see, it had been a long dream of min-"

"I apologize, but you can't just hold her hand for whatever reason you have, she just grew uncomfortable because of you, watch your actions, if you don't, I have to tell everyone that you can't attend another fan signing event," Ei said coldly. Gosh,  I really love it when she's strict and cool like that.

"I-it's only it's a simple act," he explained. "I kindly ask that you leave; there are many others waiting behind you," Ei said. "It's only a simple action!" he yelled as he rose to his feet.

Damn, this bitch is crazy.

"Sir, I ask you to calm down and kindly let the next person in line to move forward," Ei said as she made a fist. God damn, she's controlling her temper.

"What's wrong with holding her hand, huh?!" he yelled as he smashed his hand into my table, startling me... and Ei saw it.

You're so dead

"This is the last time I will ask you politely to leave," she added, her eyes threatening.

"What are you going to do, hit me?" he asked. "Maybe if you just crossed the line," Ei replied.

"As if you could," he scoffed. "I just wasted my money coming here, such a scumbag event,"

That... made my heart throbbed.