Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1-5 COWBOYS POV

I'm not sure how long I've been wandering, we've been wandering.

Just me and my trusty friend, Charter. A beautiful black horse, that's been by my side since forever, since even before the beginning of this end.

Charter was eating grass on the side of the road, the barn, my home, it burned down.

Everything-everyone was gone, when this started when the TV was showcasing this...it was beyond terrifying.

It showed everything, saying to stay away from anyone effected, don't get close, stay inside.
Some broadcasts mentioned safe zones, my family disregarded it.

"It's safer to stay at home, we know what's happening we'll avoid it." My mother had told us, I looked to the others.

My father, was immediately agreeing with my mother.

I looked to my brother, who was looking to his wife, and son. Thinking it through, he has his own family to think about.

"Jack?" I asked, he looked to me, sighing.

"Ria and I need to take Nathaniel to his nap." Jack said, it's obvious that those two are gonna talk this through.

"Honey can you help me with the garden?" Mom asked.

I nodded, I can't leave my family, I won't separate from them. I may not agree with this decision but...what can I do?

Its safe to say that it didn't end well, it's where it leads me to now, walking along side a road. Taking a break for Charter to eat and drink, I have no clue where I'm going.
Just away from there, hoping that there is maybe a safe house of some kind.

There has to be something out there, so far though...I haven't heard a word. No sign, no people driving around saying.

'Hey there's a safe place two miles that way!"
Though that one he doubts he'll trust it.
But there had to be something.

"Come on now, Charter let's go to that town down there. Might be something there for us that we can use. Don't'cha think boy?" I asked.

Charter only huffs, but doesn't give any other response, not that I thought he would actually say something.

I got on Charter and we made our way to the small town, one that I've been to so many times prior.

Either selling or buying, I sighed at the sad memories that filled my head.

"Come on now boy, let's look around." I walk on foot, along side me was Charter.

There was a pharmacy, a grocery store, little furniture shops, tool shop. Everything that I remember about this small town.

I walked to the pharmacy, Charter was outside by the door.

"I won't be long boy, be a good boy alright?" I said softly petting his snout.

Charter huffed again shaking his head.

"I won't take 'no' you know 'dat." I say.

Once inside I looked around for some painkillers, and just overall anything medical.

"No I'm telling you no body else is here." I heard a female voice say.

I looked around and saw a tall, short brown haired, women, and a slightly small Asian? Korean? Male.