Chapter 24

COWBOY POV

In the morning, everybody looked around the town, well kind-of.

I was bed ridden-couch ridden, that's  probably the more accurate term.

But they all wanted to see the town, I can't stop em I shouldn't stop them. I looked around the room some, it was a living room.
It has so much useless crap you wouldn't believe it, little statues, ashtrays, a TV, they actually put a TV in here!

I looked to my left towards the door, hearing it open.
Rick came in, from outside, the others seemed to be doing there jobs or something...
I know they got them, that they had gotten interviewed, maybe in a few days I'll get mine.

"How is it?" I asked.

"It's fine." Rick says he goes to the kitchen and I hear cluttering.

"We should just leave, we've been fine on our own, we'll be fine again." I say.

Rick comes back with a cup of water and a plate of food.

Rick looks to me.

"What?"

"You said we should try this place out...let's try for a bit okay?" Rick says. He gives me the cup of water, and two small pills, I looked to him this time.

"Maggie said that the doctor gave them to her, for you. Take two everyday." Rick said.

"I don't know, I want to, it's just, I can't." I say, taking the pills.

Rick sits next to me.

"Well you better try." Rick says.

I scoffed.

"Thats all I get? No words for encouragement, no 'its gonna be okay?' 'We're all fine?' " I asked but I couldn't help the laugh that came through.

"Nah, you already knew all of that. Plus I really wanted to hear that laugh." Rick says.

I looked to him.

"You have an unfair advantage Sheriff, you can always make me laugh."

"And I'm glad I can love." I looked to him.

"Love?"

"You give everyone nicknames, so I wanted to give you one myself." Rick says.
"Love seems likes a good one."

I looked down to the plate of food and held the small apple slices in my hand.

"I like it." I say quietly eating the apple slice. I can practically feel the warmth in my cheeks.

"Yeah?" Rick says moving closer, he wips the apple juice of my cheek.

"...yeah." I say.

Rick smiles.

And before I knew it we were kissing, not on the cheek or forehead, but something neither of us had done yet.

The lips.

It was slow at first, testing it out.

But soon it got faster, and more heated.

I laid on the couch, as Rick slowly got on top of me, my hands on his neck pulling him down, closer to me.
His hands were softly roaming over my body, lifting my shirt to lightly touch my side.

He pulls away and goes to my neck.

My hands go to his hair, I noticed it earlier, and damn it was hot.

I lightly pull at it, and moan when Rick sucked on my neck.

When Rick's hands went to my bandage he stops some and pulls away.

"Why'd you-" I stopped when Rick lifts my shirt looking to the bandage.

I looked to him, sighed.

"I think we should stop-"

"Cock block." I say.

Rick laughs, before he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"Docs orders." Rick says.

"What no kissin' ?" I asked.

"Kissin' leads to other things." Rick says picking up the tray of apples and kissing my head before he puts then away.

"Don't know what your talkin about." I say looking to him.

Rick laughs and we sort of just looked to each other, staring at each other.

"Can I take a shower at least?" I asked, though knowing I have to move a lot.

Rick thinks before he nods.

"Let me help ya-"

"I don't need-"

"Let me help." Rick says.

I nodded, and Rick helped me up and we walk to the bathroom.

"There now go-"

Rick lifts my shirt, and pulls the buckle off.

"Easy partner at least take me to dinner first." I say.

Rick laughs and shakes his head.

"You can't move around a lot."

"So am I getting a shower or a bath?" I asked.

"A shower don't worry, I'm just..."

"I know, I know I just don't like this, never really had someone...care this much. There was little things like...but babying me wise, no one really did." I say.

Rick lifts my head and looks to me so lovingly, I almost forgot.

"I'll be here when you take the shower. Call if you need help, I mean it okay?" Rick says kissing my head.

He leaves the bathroom and stays just outside the door.

I nod and go into the shower, I let the water wash over me. Remembering the rain that had fallen down just prior.

Hearing the thunder and rushing to the barn, having Rick hold me while we slept.

Now we're hear in a community, with bed, houses, jobs...food and water.

This is suppose to be heaven, so why do I hate it so much?

"You okay?" Rick asked. Knocking on the door.
"You've been in there for 15 minutes." Rick asked.

"Yeah just, thinking." I say finishing up.

But soon yelling was heard coming from outside.

I got out of the shower and put a towel around me.

"Rick?"

"Stay here I'll check it out."

"Let me-"

"No it's probably nothing, please stay here?" Rick begged.

"Okay, I'll stay." I say leaning my forehead against the door, hearing Rick quickly leave.

I dry off, and put on the clothes that Rick left me.

I slowly make my way back to the couch, and fall on it, when they came back. Rick and Michonne got there jobs finally, and the complaint was just about the run.
Apparently they do runs very differently and very dangerously.

Can't blame Glen for socking him, I even high fived him.

"So your good? Right?" Carl asked.

I saw everyone frozen at the spot, staring at us.

"None of y'all are subtle." I say looking to them.

"Well we're all curious, and the person you wouldn't get mad at for asking is Carl." Abraham said looking to me.

I was silent, looking to the ceiling.

"I'm fine, ain't great or amazing but I'm fine." I say smiling to Carl who nodded.

"Who's Nathaniel..."

"Someone from my past." Is all I say closing my eyes sleeping.